Target Identification on Shkval

For the other topic I find it VERY difficult to identify targets on the Shkval unless they are on a plain long surface with no other 3d objects or structures close by and I am around 12km of distance. If I have to find them on a city it's virtually impossible. Day or night (with the mercury pod)

Any tips on how to improve targeting?

Thanks

Edited by zeitgeist
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, medway said:

I read the current FLIR update messed up the TV modes but haven't seen anything different. Supposedly damage doesn't show up on the TV sometimes but it has been for me. Are you zooming in?

Yup. But my problem is actually identifying the vehicles among all else. 😞 Not sure if it's my graphic settings, but I really have a hard time.

1 minute ago, zeitgeist said:

Yup. But my problem is actually identifying the vehicles among all else. 😞 Not sure if it's my graphic settings, but I really have a hard time.

What map and type of vehicle? I'll try it and see how it looks here (been practising but with units in open areas).

• zeitgeist changed the title to Target Identification on Shkval
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

In VR you can see them from 40km as a shimmering black dots even through clouds (no, I don't have labels enabled). When you know where they are it's easy to point shkval at them.

Maybe it's some kind of feature... 🤔

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, 32GB RAM, RTX 4090, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gladiator NXT Premium, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10, Joystick Gremlin, OpenKneeboard, VoiceAttack

16 hours ago, gwizdek said:

In VR you can see them from 40km as a shimmering black dots even through clouds (no, I don't have labels enabled). When you know where they are it's easy to point shkval at them.

Maybe it's some kind of feature... 🤔

This is a bug, already reported.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria