Why hasn't the South Atlantic map been released yet?

huchanronaa

• huchanronaa changed the title to Why hasn't the South Atlantic map been released yet?
2 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

What is razbam still waiting for?

I don't know, maybe to finish it? Sometimes I really wonder what the rush is.

• Like 5

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

22 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

Sometimes I really wonder what the rush is.

Are you kidding?

The rush is that we want what we want and we want it now. We are driven by emotion, desire, and impatience. You might as well be asking a 5 year-old why he wants a chocolate cookie.

• Like 7

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

9 minutes ago, Beirut said:

The new Mirage and the MB-339? I'm guessing.

Neither of which are Raz products though…

I could understand if people thought we were waiting for the Pucara or SHAR… but best not given likely timescale on those

same for the naval assets - issue the map when it’s playtime… 1982 asset pack can come later

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

Neither of which are Raz products though…

I could understand if people thought we were waiting for the Pucara or SHAR… but best not given likely timescale on those

same for the naval assets - issue the map when it’s playtime… 1982 asset pack can come later

I was only speaking to the question of what the other poster might have thought the two planes were .

Would love to have the Pucara with the map, that would be juuuust fine.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, okopanja said:

Pucara, about second one I mixed up F1 with mirage f3.

😞

Harrier is already there, missing are III, A4 and Super Ethandar

Nope

we don’t have the Harrier… and Raz have said they aren’t prioritising

So, the most important aircraft of them all (for this theatre) is likely years away - after:

- F-15E

- MiG-23

- Super Tucano 

😡

• Like 1

I'm surprised it hasn't been released. 

The map was center stage in the 2022 and beyond. Shown just as much as the Apache. From what I understand that usually means it's close to finished. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

8 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

I'm surprised it hasn't been released. 

The map was center stage in the 2022 and beyond. Shown just as much as the Apache. From what I understand that usually means it's close to finished. 

keyword: beyond

Also there is plenty of 2022 left...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, okopanja said:

keyword: beyond

Also there is plenty of 2022 left...

What they show most, is usually what is closest to release.

Apache and South Atlantic was the two most shown things. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 4/24/2022 at 9:50 PM, Gunfreak said:

What they show most, is usually what is closest to release.

Apache and South Atlantic was the two most shown things. 

I would expect at least 1 aircraft per side, fitting the historical context...

Harrier (British) is already there, but I expect there will be one on Argentinean side as well...

Edited by okopanja
Edited post to avoid dumb comments.... :)

@Gunfreak, @okopanja  I tend to agree with the "most shown is generally the closest to release," but to a point.  I think we, as the rabid impatient community, often interpret the DCS 20xx and Beyond videos as what's being released that year when they're equally about what ED is prioritizing and actively spending manhours on.  The two ideas aren't 100% the same.

I'm also not sure how well "most shown = closest release" holds for the marketing of the 3rd party developers.

Razbam is heavily represented via Mudhen and the South Atlantic.  Heatblur is heavily featured with Forrestal, F-14, and even three(?) instances of the A-6.  Aerges and IndiaFoxtEcho were absent from DCS 2022 and Beyond, as far as I could tell, despite having impending products.  I think the F-14 and Forrestal screen time communicates that Heatblur continues to develop them just as the F-16, F/A-18, and Hind screen time shows ED is trying to push those products over the finish line.  

Maybe because Aerges and IFE had their own communications in Nov/Dec-2021, so they weren't covered / carried by the DCS 2022 video?  Aerges put their own teaser video for the Mirage F1 a couple of days prior to the DCS 2022 video and IFE had already communicated by then via the forums that they had submitted the MB339 for QA.  I'd reckon that both products are (much...) closer than Mudhen or A-6 (even as AI).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Harrier (British) is already there, but I expect there will be one on Argentinean side as well...

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhh….NOOOO

This is NOT the case - and very frustrating every time it is posted

There is no UK Harrier in DCS, save a few skins for the US AV8B NA - a ground attack version operated by USMC (AFAIK)

Falklands needs a Sea Harrier FRS.1, primarily a fleet air defence FIGHTER.  The RAF also operated the Harrier GR3 in the Falklands conflict - in the ground attack role.  
It might not be known to many, but along with the F-15, the Sea Harrier is one of the very few jets with an unblemished A2A kill:loss ratio

• Like 3

watch this space is all i am gonna say 🙂

it's entirely up to the developers of the products to put out as much or as little as they feel they want to during a projects duration, has nothing to do with closeness of release.

Edited by Raz_Specter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

17 hours ago, okopanja said:

Wow, I'm not sure if this is ignorance or lack of knowledge, but if I would be British I would feel offended
And no, McDonnell Douglas/Boeing is not British.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Actually that is correct, there is no British plane, only the Gazzelle would be similar enough to belong in the 82 conflcit. And the MB 339 close to being released is the only Argentinian plane that would fit, so far and the Huey.

Still what people seem not to grasp is that South Atlantic is a map depicting the Falklands/Malvinas islands and part of the continent of South América, including parts of Argentina and Chile. IT IS NOT a depiction of the 1982 Conflict.

Its a TERRAIN,not a campaign nor depiction of any specific conflict, just like the Gulf Map is not an Iran-UAE War, nor depicts ANY historical conflict... No map in DCS has  relating Module nor Units, except maybe very loosely and generic units regarding WWII. 

Its a MAP, maps don´t include Assets nor Modules...

Now, back to Why inst it in pre order or Early access topic 😉

Edited by Baco
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Wow, I'm not sure if this is ignorance or lack of knowledge, but if I would be British I would feel offended
And no, McDonnell Douglas/Boeing is not British.

Edited and commented. I learn on my mistakes, I hope you are also able to learn on your mistakes.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:45 PM, huchanronaa said:

It looks like a long way off

Looked a long way off in 1982 as well. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.