Why hasn't the South Atlantic map been released yet?

huchanronaa

1 hour ago, phant said:

In the last ACS Episode 27 there was talk (I think by Ron) of a video about the map + F-15 that should have been released last weekend: does anyone know something?

Bye
Phant

@skouras posted in this sub that he had made another teaser vid… but that release (of the vid) was up to the devs 

@Raz_Specter has also posted “watch this space”…

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 9:38 AM, Nodak said:

Besides the MB, the F-5E and C-101 combat version have homes on the map with both belonging on the Chilean side of the border, the unofficial Skyhawk is close enough to fit its role.

I love the Community A4. LOVE IT! 

• Like 1

Guys I know what we must do to play this map. All we need to do is have almost 300k subscribers on YouTube. Easy peasy.

I'm already at 195 subscribers only 292 000 to go.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

33 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Guys I know what we must do to play this map. All we need to do is have almost 300k subscribers on YouTube. Easy peasy.

I'm already at 195 subscribers only 292 000 to go.

Not surprising … if I were on the verge of rekeasing a new DCS map, would I let a nobody with 200 subscriber do a preview, or would I select one of the most prestigious youtubers do it?

Seems not many people realize that for the developers this is a business and their decisions must make economic sense. To get the map I will just wait until it’s at the store, check its price, and then decide if I purchase it or not.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Not surprising … if I were on the verge of rekeasing a new DCS map, would I let a nobody with 200 subscriber do a preview, or would I select one of the most prestigious youtubers do it?

Seems not many people realize that for the developers this is a business and their decisions must make economic sense. To get the map I will just wait until it’s at the store, check its price, and then decide if I purchase it or not.

How did you manage to get that boring of a take from a joke.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

9 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

How did you manage to get that boring of a take from a joke.

Maybe by not realizing that this was a joking matter .. will take care with your future posts so that it won’t happen again.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

13 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

To get the map I will just wait until it’s at the store, check its price, and then decide if I purchase it or not.

Do you have a make or break figure in mind?

I'd like to think it stays at about $70Cdn max ($55US), though I would still buy it for more because I don't want to have to change my signature. But I wonder if they're going to go super premium on the pricing and list it like a Hornet or a Tomcat. Not sure people are ready for those kinds of prices for a map.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

32 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Do you have a make or break figure in mind?

60 us$ is my limit for a map. If it cames out higher than that then I would wait and withhold 

13 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

60 us$ is my limit for a map. If it cames out higher than that then I would wait and withhold 

$60 US is a chunk. I hope they don't go past that. I guess to a degree it depends on quality too. I mean, if they put out a huge map with great textures and a couple of ORBX quality airfields, I'd willing to drop some serious coin. if it's the map to end all maps, I'd go $100 US. But odds are that won't be the case. I guess they're stuck in that it's a huge map and it will probably have a reasonable price point, so a lot of okay textures as opposed to great.

I hope we get some ORBX quality airfields one day. I'd be happy to pay.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

20 minutes ago, Beirut said:

$60 US is a chunk. I hope they don't go past that.

Up to now, the map for which I have paid  the most, is Nevada, which costed us$ 50 back on 2016; my next maps where Normandy on 2017, Persian Gulf on 2018, and Channel on 2020, all three were us$ 40 each, and finally Syria on 2020, for us$ 35. Let’s hope that Razbam’s will price the map not too high, so that it sells in greater quantities.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 6:45 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe by not realizing that this was a joking matter .. will take care with your future posts so that it won’t happen again.

as a casual observer, you seem to have that problem a lot. I like your posts, but try to lighten up and not be so hostile. At a minimum, since you don’t have a sense of humor, at least give others the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Jarhead0331

16 minutes ago, Jarhead0331 said:

as a casual observer, you seem to have that problem a lot.

you could always put me on your ignore list, so that I won’t bother humorous threads.

Lighten up people we're all friends here aren't we 

Metabox Laptop i9 13900HX, RTX 4060, 32GB 4800 MHz DDR4 RAM, 2GB SSD, Pico4 VR Headset WinWing Orion 2 Hotas, F15E Strike Eagle handles, F16EX Viper Joystick.

About the price - I think it will be on 59,99$ level (or less) as "normal" price (and honestly I suggest not to encourage the developer to a higher price 😅, especially in the current market situation) and remember that it will be Early Access too so I expect discount from beginning like with the others modules -20/30% in the first stage or in pre order, if it will be). I agree that it will be biggest map in DCS: 

lY2QATo.png

but its a wrong thing if you you only compare the kilometers. This is biggest map but with the biggest in DCS area with the sea and water (lakes, rivers ect). If you want to compare it well, compare the land area only because that's all that requires work and modeling. Probably this is an area similar to the map of PG by eye but I did not do the detailed calculations (someone can do it maybe?). You can compare the number of airports in Syria and the number of airports made here, Syria looks much better, and that's the most work. You can also see in the videos that the map uses photo textures which requires less work and does not look as good as the Caucasus (handmade and placed area). On some videos you can notice even blurry parts from a distance, which is the greatest sin of phototextures. We will see and I hope soon too! Personally cant wait also! 👍 Here is comparision of approximate size (the same scale):

4RHku9y.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320284/

About the release?

two-weeks.gif

😉

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 5/22/2022 at 3:24 AM, Jarhead0331 said:

since you don’t have a sense of humor

Ouch. Take it easy - us non-native english speakers may sometimes miss the point or irony. No need to get personal - people here a are quirky, yes - and all have a great sense of humor; one that mayhaps be a bit different from yours or mine, but a great sense nonetheless. Let's just smile and move on.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 8:46 AM, YoYo said:

About the price - I think it will be on 59,99$ level (or less) as "normal" price (and honestly I suggest not to encourage the developer to a higher price 😅, especially in the current market situation) and remember that it will be Early Access too so I expect discount from beginning like with the others modules -20/30% in the first stage or in pre order, if it will be). I agree that it will be biggest map in DCS: 

lY2QATo.png

but its a wrong thing if you you only compare the kilometers. This is biggest map but with the biggest in DCS area with the sea and water (lakes, rivers ect). If you want to compare it well, compare the land area only because that's all that requires work and modeling. Probably this is an area similar to the map of PG by eye but I did not do the detailed calculations (someone can do it maybe?). You can compare the number of airports in Syria and the number of airports made here, Syria looks much better, and that's the most work. You can also see in the videos that the map uses photo textures which requires less work and does not look as good as the Caucasus (handmade and placed area). On some videos you can notice even blurry parts from a distance, which is the greatest sin of phototextures. We will see and I hope soon too! Personally cant wait also! 👍 Here is comparision of approximate size (the same scale):

4RHku9y.jpg

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320284/

About the release?

two-weeks.gif

😉

This statement is completely wrong

"You can also see in the videos that the map uses photo textures which requires less work and does not look as good as the Caucasus "

All textures have to be hand cleaned of clouds and anomalies, along with removing buildings etc, this was / is a massive amount of work.

IMPO this map looks like you are flying google earth, which is what a flight simulator should look like in my humble opinion.  But thats just my opinion and others may have other views

thanks Specter

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

1 hour ago, Raz_Specter said:

"You can also see in the videos that the map uses photo textures which requires less work and does not look as good as the Caucasus "

All textures have to be hand cleaned of clouds and anomalies, along with removing buildings etc, this was / is a massive amount of work.

IMPO this map looks like you are flying google earth, which is what a flight simulator should look like in my humble opinion.  But thats just my opinion and others may have other views

thanks Specter

It should also be noted that actually all maps in DCS (short of the WWII maps of course), have some amount of orthoimagery in them (Caucasus is very limited until you reach the "play area" edges)

Use satellite view in the F10 map and you'll see it. Fly over those spots, and you'll see it. NTTR has very prominent orthoimagery.

Ortho in a DCS map is literally nothing new; in fact... it's not new period.

Ortho taking a front seat in a DCS map, however is different and a first with this map. (but absolutely possible with other maps)

Edited by XCNuse

1 hour ago, Raz_Specter said:

thanks Specter

I don't think it's worth bidding. I did few sceneries for P3D and FSX with and without photo textures and personally a lot more time I needed to prepare sceneries with textures created by me than photo according me but you can have different experience for sure. :bye_2:

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

45 minutes ago, XCNuse said:

It should also be noted that actually all maps in DCS (short of the WWII maps of course), have some amount of orthoimagery in them (Caucasus is very limited until you reach the "play area" edges)

Use satellite view in the F10 map and you'll see it. Fly over those spots, and you'll see it. NTTR has very prominent orthoimagery.

Ortho in a DCS map is literally nothing new; in fact... it's not new period.

Ortho taking a front seat in a DCS map, however is different and a first with this map. (but absolutely possible with other maps)

Yes thats true, PG and Nevada use this partially and they look ok for me (the edges are blurred due poor resolution).

Unfortunately, Im only wondering what I wrote about earlier - blurry textures (see this shot), but maybe its an DCS effect? Lead me out of my mistake. 😄

WVIvidl.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

13 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Yes thats true, PG and Nevada use this partially and they look ok for me (the edges are blurred due poor resolution).

Unfortunately, Im only wondering what I wrote about earlier - blurry textures (see this shot), but maybe its an DCS effect? Lead me out of my mistake. 😄

WVIvidl.jpg

thats a depth of field effect

Ill post some images when i get home from my day job at around 5pm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

10 minutes ago, Raz_Specter said:

thats a depth of field effect

Ill post some images when i get home from my day job at around 5pm

Great! Thx for reply, I noticed it and I know this age-old problem with FSX / P3D. So I m calm now and cant wait 🤗 .

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Few new pictures (dont know from where):

Yoyosimsbanner.gif