[RESOLVED]The flashing PCM message keeps repeating endlessly if the jammer is turned off while being locked by a radar

Akiazusa

Hi all.😀

I just find this odd behavior of the new PCM message during a normal fence out in MP mission. Something locked on me at the exact same time when I switched the jammer off. Then I noticed that despite the jammer was off and the enemy radar was no longer focusing on me,the "PCM" on the RWR,HUD and VTB still kept flashing,endlessly,until I turned the jammer power back online.

Then I did some test in SP,it seems that this odd behavior will only affect VEI(Intelligence gathering) and [] (Radar priority) mode,in which the above thing will happen.

In PCM(Countermeasure priority) mode everything works pretty logically,if the jammer is turned off in PCM mode while being locked by a radar,the PCM message will instantly disappear as soon as the power to the jammer is removed.

(also has anyone noticed that the power up light test of the DECOY LAUNCHER INDICATOR PANEL only works once per spawn now?)

track attached

RWR.trk

Edited by Akiazusa

Kyoto Animation forever!

The flashing PCM message is an incitation to switch PCM on. It shows when you are hard locked, and in VEI or [] modes. This is exactly what you describe I think, if so this is intended behavior.
Look at the "Chevaliers du ciel" making off video, it appears all the time in some scenes where you see the HUD. (along with the audio warnings)

8 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

The flashing PCM message is an incitation to switch PCM on. It shows when you are hard locked, and in VEI or [] modes. This is exactly what you describe I think, if so this is intended behavior.
Look at the "Chevaliers du ciel" making off video, it appears all the time in some scenes where you see the HUD. (along with the audio warnings)

Hi Kercheiz.Thanks for the reply. 😀

But I think you misunderstand me.

I mean if the ECM is turned off by this switch QQ截图20220427001126.png when the flashing PCM is showed up,the flashing PCM message will stuck in an endless loop,even after all radar contacts have cleared on the RWR.(shouldn't the PCM message disappear after the lock has broken in this case?)  QQ截图20220427001600.png(In this picture,the PCM still keeps flashing despite there is no any contact on the RWR)

Any way,this is just something minor. And sorry for my bad text. ><

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Thanks 1

Kyoto Animation forever!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Akiazusa changed the title to [FIXED]The flashing PCM message keeps repeating endlessly if the jammer is turned off while being locked by a radar
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED]The flashing PCM message keeps repeating endlessly if the jammer is turned off while being locked by a radar