Anyone else noticed increased CPU load after few last patches?

Youda

I'm investigating a performance issue here. I haven't been playing DCS for about 4 months. Now after finally purchasing a new graphics card (previously Radeon 5700 XT, now Radeon 6800 XT) i tried playing again, but i've noticed significant reduction of CPU performance.

I'm using fpsVR for diagnosing hardware performance while in VR. Previously my CPU frame-time graph would be mostly green, sometimes orange (around 10ms per frame), and now it's mostly orange or red (20-25ms per frame).

My CPU is Ryzen 5600X. When i check its metrics, it isn't hitting any of its limits - frequency peeking at 4.2GHz while max is 4.6, power draw keeping around 22W while max is around 70W, and temperatures only slightly above 50° when it can easily handle 90°.

I need to figure out if this performance drop came with some of the recent patches, or with my change of GPU. That's why i'm asking whether someone else has also observed the same issue.

The general performence went better with last patches. However, I've heared from people using VR that it became unplayable. Also, that it came with 2.7.11 - in combination with SteamVR.

You could try VR alternative to steam. :

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

Ok, i was little too fast with the judgement. The CPU load isn't increased universally, but only at a specific location in the map. When i just look 90 degrees to the left or right, or just fly somewhere else, the load goes down. Funny that a graphical element bumps up the CPU usage and not the GPU load.

Can someone else try the same thing and tell me if he has the same issue? The map is Instant Action - F-16 - Caucasus - Take off. And the spike happens right in the beginning when looking to the front, along the runway, just looking left 90 degrees calms it down.