Apache learning.....

macedk

Ok dialed in somewhat....(control/keys etc.)
Sore muscles and many brain farts later. 
Time to just do it and see what happens. 
Perfect no, but I did what I set out to do and didn't brake the square monster of monsters 🙂
I flied to fly and not to make a video. The video was an after thought. 
Cutouts are 4-6 minutes of flying to and from. 
If I can then you can better if you put in the work...
Enjoy!

• Like 3

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can only say WELL DONE...

I have been waiting for something similar to JANES for the longest time, and now FINALLY when i bought the early access and it dropped in my inbox I have been intimidated by the complexity of the simulator.[think i have played about 35 mins before i was overwhelmed ]

I at least have satisfied my head by knowing I own it and it's there 🙃

• Like 4

4 hours ago, abs0lutzer0 said:

I have been waiting for something similar to JANES for the longest time, and now FINALLY when i bought the early access and it dropped in my inbox I have been intimidated by the complexity of the simulator.[think i have played about 35 mins before i was overwhelmed ]

Thanks 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, abs0lutzer0 said:

have been intimidated by the complexity of the simulator

Don't be. I had similar misgivings, and initially set up flight control and trim mapping only (ignoring all things weapons/sights), then created a hot start free flight mission just to get a feel of things. Still practicing starts, take off, circuits and landings, with the occasional training mission thrown in to start mapping weapons controls in the front seat.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

1 hour ago, Chefen41 said:

Well done - what about some MP, I am on the same time zone as you?

I might be up for that. You hover and I do control mapping, when i come back... If you not on the dime ..it's crime 😉
Where you from ? 
I'm fluent in English with heavy local accent 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

18 hours ago, abs0lutzer0 said:

I hear you!!!  My story is similar, but there is definitely a happy ending!!

- I loved and flew the hell out of Janes F/A-18, and when I got the DCS F/A-18 I was initially overwhelmed.  I sat in the formerly familiar cockplt and had NO IDEA what to do, or what the various DDI pages meant or did.  But I put in a lot of time reading/watching videos/practicing and now, while I have a lot to learn about flying and fighting, the cockpit and systems are very familiar and jumping into the cockpit is like putting on a pair of comfy shoes. (but I still trip on the laces fairly often).

- I loved and flew the hell out Gunship2000,  Janes Longbow and Longbow2 and EECH and was looking forward to the DCS Apache. Cue the overwhelming amount of stuff to learn and a tiny bit of Buyer's remorse.  I remember watching the videos WAGS put out before release and thinking "There is NO WAY I can learn this"  As with the F/A-18 ,  I've put in the study time and the practice time gotten to the point where I am quite comfortable in the cockpit and with the usage of most of the systems.  I have a long way to go to be decent at actually FLYING the Helicopter but it's getting better every day.  DON'T GIVE UP.. you will definitely get there.

The  old sims we flew were complex in their own way and they also had significant learning curves despite being somewhat simplified compared to the DCS implementation, so give yourself more than 35 minutes 🙂

• Like 2

On 4/24/2022 at 2:35 AM, Recluse said:

I hear you!!!  My story is similar, but there is definitely a happy ending!!

- I loved and flew the hell out of Janes F/A-18, and when I got the DCS F/A-18 I was initially overwhelmed.  I sat in the formerly familiar cockplt and had NO IDEA what to do, or what the various DDI pages meant or did.  But I put in a lot of time reading/watching videos/practicing and now, while I have a lot to learn about flying and fighting, the cockpit and systems are very familiar and jumping into the cockpit is like putting on a pair of comfy shoes. (but I still trip on the laces fairly often).

- I loved and flew the hell out Gunship2000,  Janes Longbow and Longbow2 and EECH and was looking forward to the DCS Apache. Cue the overwhelming amount of stuff to learn and a tiny bit of Buyer's remorse.  I remember watching the videos WAGS put out before release and thinking "There is NO WAY I can learn this"  As with the F/A-18 ,  I've put in the study time and the practice time gotten to the point where I am quite comfortable in the cockpit and with the usage of most of the systems.  I have a long way to go to be decent at actually FLYING the Helicopter but it's getting better every day.  DON'T GIVE UP.. you will definitely get there.

The  old sims we flew were complex in their own way and they also had significant learning curves despite being somewhat simplified compared to the DCS implementation, so give yourself more than 35 minutes 🙂

Thank you Recluse for taking the the time to give me words of encouragement, I WILL take it to heart and not give up.

Will try like you say, start outside the game with configs as I think this might be some of the problem I have bought trackir specifically for this module [think i spent more time setting it up than the actual sim itself!!] and have not used my x52 pro in years so as you say the setup might be the fairly large uphill that might be blocking me. [the 35 mins was doing a cold start from a tutorial and couldn't get to a button that was clearly easy in the tutorial and then I realised my setup is not right so walked away from the cockpit and didn't look back....]

thank you for your time

Edited by abs0lutzer0
cannot spell!!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, abs0lutzer0 said:

Thank you Recluse for taking the the time to give me words of encouragement, I WILL take it to heart and not give up.

Will try like you say, start outside the game with configs as I think this might be some of the problem I have bought trackir specifically for this module [think i spent more time setting it up than the actual sim itself!!] and have not used my x52 pro in years so as you say the setup might be the fairly large uphill that might be blocking me. [the 35 mins was doing a cold start from a tutorial and couldn't get to a button that was clearly easy in the tutorial and then I realised my setup is not right so walked away from the cockpit and didn't look back....]

thank you for you time

I'm using Wags trackir profile from when ka-50 was launched. 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/23/2022 at 1:22 AM, abs0lutzer0 said:

I think the design of the two games are different. One is a game the other is far more serious and no fun 🙂 Ok It's fun but not in the same way Janes stuff was. But no worries it has become my favorite module . Good stuff!

• Like 1

The Apache is my first serious helo. Complex at first but after a few weeks, you cover most of it because (and you realize) there is only one smart weapon unlike the many weapon systems you have to learn and remember on jets like the F18/16. Of course, efficiency, flying skill (hover!) and really understanding the concepts of sight vs ACQ, LOAL Hi/Lo/Dir vs LOBL, will take some reading up but there are some very helpful posts here by SMEs.        

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64