Mission 5 all my JSOWs got destroyed by enemy SAMs

cm2

So I flew Mission 5 of Serpent's Head 2 with the latest DCS Open Beta version and all my JSOWs got destroyed by enemy SAMs, none of my JSOWs got the chance of hitting any of the targets. Tried it twice and the same happened.

Edited by cm2

Indeed SA-10 and SA-15 can do that. But Mission brief says to stay away from the target area and just fire the JSOWs, Long Range, away from the SAMs range. Currently you cannot complete it per mission brief spec and story.

Edited by cm2

4 hours ago, cm2 said:

So I flew Mission 5 of Serpent's Head 2 with the latest DCS Open Beta version and all my JSOWs got destroyed by enemy SAMs, none of my JSOWs got the chance of hitting any of the targets. Tried it twice and the same happened.

Hi

You are flying too close to the target. If you get too close the SAM site will go into red alert and shoot your JSOWs down. The mission challenge is about getting and controlling your aircraft high enough to release your weapons without getting to close. It’s all  set out in the in game brief. 

Tips: Make sure you set all three JSOWs to TOO before your approach will make release quicker. Also if getting too close release the JSOWs in more than one run.

Hope this helps

Badger633

• Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

45 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

You are flying too close to the target. If you get too close the SAM site will go into red alert and shoot your JSOWs down. The mission challenge is about getting and controlling your aircraft high enough to release your weapons without getting to close. It’s all  set out in the in game brief. 

Tips: Make sure you set all three JSOWs to TOO before your approach will make release quicker. Also if getting too close release the JSOWs in more than one run.

Hope this helps

Badger633

But I did not fly close to the targets I was at maximum possible range for the JSOWs to be In-Range at 28000 Feet, Launched the JSOWS at the targets and turned. The SAMs did not launch at me or lock me during the run and after I turned. But they shot down all the JSOWs. Should I go higher than 30000 feet?

Edited by cm2

1 hour ago, cm2 said:

Alright I tried it again and no problems now. Probably I just encountered a weird DCS SAM AI bug thing before. anyhow on to the next mission!  🙂

Excellent! hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign 🙂

Badger633

• Like 2

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.