HOTAS modifier key bug

exnihilodub

Hi. the modifier on my throttle keys act as a "switch" in dcs radio (they "stick"). I made sure sure the modifier is added to the "modifiers" list instead of "switches". cockpit & aircraft stuff works as intended with the said modifier keys (they use my modifier like a "shift" button). it's only the radio that has the sticking problem.

Here's my case:

• button MOD as set as a modifier
  • button THUMB is set as cockpit ptt 1
  • button MOD + THUMB is set as cockpit ptt 2
  • pressing THUMB will activate ptt 1
  • pressing MOD alone will do nothing (as expected)
  • pressing THUMB again will activate ptt 2 (should only activate ptt 1 since it's pressed without MOD)

• 4 months later...

Im not sure what exactly causing your problem , but this may help you troubleshoot . 
-when you press a button there is 3 stage , PressDown , Hold and Release. make sure your keys register the release. so check your drivers and make sure your button act as normal button and not toggle outside the game first.
-sometime game is not listening to your input , like when you open pause menu , in my case modifier that was toggled on would register as off after closing the menu and required toggle off and then on again to work , this is opposite of your problem but something to think about.

-Working with modifier can cause a lot of conflict if not setup properly , you need to spend extra time to check everything and make sure that is not a case .(this is most likely your case)

-None Plane specific master Category in adjust controls like General or UI can potentially cause conflict with your Plane specific category .

-Since you say the modifier is working as expected with other actions =>

then Test : after you press THUMB key without MOD and you got ptt 2 as a result , try pressing another action that does use same modifier (MOD) without pressing the MOD to see if it is executing , If not( As Expected ) Try pressing your THUMB key again to see if ptt 2 still execute , If so try to use different key as modifier and see if you have same problem still .

=> if Yes , Run integrity check on your game file make sure there is no corruption .

=>  if No , Then your issue is either from your hardware or its driver . 

It is not easy to pinpoint your problem without knowing how you setup your modifiers , your keybinding , your hardware and your software setup outside of the game.