USE THESE OPTIONS FOR ALL MISSIONS check-box non functioning

Falken2

in the DCS manual https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/9ff/DCS_User_Manual_EN.pdf it is written page 68 When the "USE THESE OPTIONS FOR ALL MISSIONS" checkbox is unchecked in the Options\Gameplay menu, the locked mission options will override the settings in the main Options. However, when the "USE THESE OPTIONS FOR ALL MISSIONS" check-box is checked, the settings in the main Options screen will take priority. 

I tested this option (checked) in the Cerberus North campaign, it doesn't function.

Best regards.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:14 AM, Falken2 said:

in the DCS manual https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/9ff/DCS_User_Manual_EN.pdf it is written page 68 When the "USE THESE OPTIONS FOR ALL MISSIONS" checkbox is unchecked in the Options\Gameplay menu, the locked mission options will override the settings in the main Options. However, when the "USE THESE OPTIONS FOR ALL MISSIONS" check-box is checked, the settings in the main Options screen will take priority. 

I tested this option (checked) in the Cerberus North campaign, it doesn't function.

Best regards.

I never use it. There's no real function for it because what ever options you set will always be there for all missions.

🇺🇦

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

2 hours ago, Falken2 said:

I'm sorry, I didn't understand your reply. 

Set it and forget it. No need to save anything.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 5/3/2022 at 6:48 PM, rayrayblues said:

Set it and forget it. No need to save anything.

HI rayrayblues,

Are you ED staff member and is this an official answer? 

I'm not sure you understood the point. If my understanding is correct, checking this option should override the options set by a mission designer by my own options. This is not the case in Cerberus North campaign. 

rayray is another user that comes to the forums to help and provide helpful advice. my 2 bits is that some mission creators, for good reason, make it so their missions cannot be modified. and i think make it so overrides do not work. at least that is my experience. but i do know these settings you mention do work in many missions. including my own. have you reached out to the campaign designer to ask?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 hours ago, silverdevil said:

rayray is another user that comes to the forums to help and provide helpful advice. my 2 bits is that some mission creators, for good reason, make it so their missions cannot be modified. and i think make it so overrides do not work. at least that is my experience. but i do know these settings you mention do work in many missions. including my own. have you reached out to the campaign designer to ask?

Yes I did in the dedicated thread.