Firing missiles MLRS M270 not working

Art of Simulation

Hey,

I'm noticing some issues when setting tasks for ground units. Especially for ground units who need to fire cruise missiles or missiles like the MLRS M270. When I set the ground unit task to "Perform task"-> "Attack group" and then select the enemy group to attack, it doesn't do anything at all. Also when setting "Fire at point", it doesn't fire anything.

I've seen YouTube videos about how you can set tasks to fire cruise missiles, followed the exact same steps, but seems not to work for me.

My target is in the missile range, also the minimum range has been reached and within maximums.

Does anyone experiences troubles with this too? Could this be a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Just thought that setting the task would instantly work.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, toutenglisse said:

I just tried that and it is working, just be aware that the MLRS needs 3 minutes aiming/preparing before firing.

Hmm strange, but thanks for trying.  I just fast forward the gameplay in case it need preperation time. Doesn't move or do anything at all. Think I will try out making a clean mission only having the MLRS and just wait that 3 minutes and see what happens.

Edited by Art of Simulation

On 4/23/2022 at 5:32 PM, toutenglisse said:

I just tried that and it is working, just be aware that the MLRS needs 3 minutes aiming/preparing before firing.

What other things were set up in this mission file, or was it just only the MLRS? Would you like to share your mission file with us, so we can see what we are doing wrong?

58 minutes ago, Art of Simulation said:

What other things were set up in this mission file, or was it just only the MLRS? Would you like to share your mission file with us, so we can see what we are doing wrong?

What I did wad just create a new mission test , put a MLRS M270, and add a "fire at point", designating a point between min and max range (the 2 rings). Launch mission, MLRS immediately manover and orientate its launcher to correct launch position, then 3 min after (can be shorter if support vehicles - mddm - are added) it starts shooting.

9 hours ago, Catweedle said:

Fire at Group or Fire at Unit does not work with the MLRS (and probably other units). I assume they want (clear) LOS on the target.

Uh.... you might be right, but LOL!! They shouldn't!  Artillery in general and MLRS in particular should almost always be employed beyond line  of sight!  I'm not even sure of an M270 is even set up to do line of sight..  I mean it probably is, but I wouldn't  bet cash  on it either.

16 hours ago, toutenglisse said:

What I did wad just create a new mission test , put a MLRS M270, and add a "fire at point", designating a point between min and max range (the 2 rings). Launch mission, MLRS immediately manover and orientate its launcher to correct launch position, then 3 min after (can be shorter if support vehicles - mddm - are added) it starts shooting.

Weird, tried out the exact same thing and doesn't work for me, lol. But thanks for letting me know 🙂

Maybe installing the latest update will fix it, have to give it a try. 

Okay, updated my DCS game and tried out a clean new mission, only setup the MLRS, and set 'Perform task' to 'Fire at point'. I've set the target on Qeshm Island airport. It's within range. 

I left all the other options for the task as default.

It doesn't do anything. Also when it's closer to the minum range, it still doesn't work.

@toutenglissecan you confirm you set it up the exact same way (except for the location ofcourse)?

screenshot mlrs setup 1.jpg

screenshot mlrs setup 2.jpg