FLCS bug during aileron roll

bkthunder

When performing a full aileron roll, with only lateral stick input, at the end of the roll the FLCS "pulls up" automatically up to a couple of Gs to bring back the nose (it seems) to the initial attitude. 

E.g. if you start the roll from a 10 degree nose up attitude and during the roll the nose naturally drops, at the end the aircraft automatically pulls the nose up to 10 degrees again, without any pilot input.

This is not how the FLCS works, it never commands more than 1g by itself, and a roll should be just like in the Hornet or Mirage.

See video 

and track (P.S. ED you shoudl REALLY increse the 5mb limit!)

https://wormhole.app/d1QaN#qb6vr9jR_4tfw98iz7GncA

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• ED Team

please PM me if you have evidence about the FLCS. 

The file limit is needed otherwise we would soon run out, tracks need to be as short as possible to show a particular problem, long tracks tend to not be useful. If it can be shown with a blank mission and just the aircraft that is the best way. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

We already have a report for roll rate and catIII role rate. I will pass on your comments

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I just came across the following bug report before the FM/FLCS was tuned, and it still persists, if it's considered a bug. I've recorded a new track file and hope it can help.

F16 FLCS pulls up at the end of a roll.trk

Description: Just as the OP described, after performing a 360 deg aileron roll, and as soon as the rolling motion stops, the FLCS will always pulls up itself a few degrees of pitch. Looks like a pitch dampening issue or a pitch stability issue.

Expected: The pitch-rate washout filter should be able to suppress such uncommanded pitch-up motion, if supposedly caused by inertia coupling (or not, since the AOA is so small, there shouldn't be such amount of pitch up moment).

Extra info: The pitch-rate washout filter is described below in another post. If anything to add: the time constant for such washout filter is 1, and the gain is 0.334, which should be sufficient to suppress the uncommanded pitch up.

Extra extra info: The overall pitch dynamic stability seems to have been reduced with the introduction of the previous g-onset fix, might be related.

Forgive me on so many bug reports related to FM. I'm just showing my effort on making the Viper a better module as we all wish. And this subject of matter is no easy task, so keep up the good work. Please recognize that this is already an excellent FM update.

Kindly regards, DummyCat's pigeon gugugu squadron.

Edited by DummyCatz
wordings
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1