Pilot WAS'ed GUN(multiplayer) sometimes will not allow MAN RANGE set to AUTO

JIGGAwest
Go to solution Solved by Kharrn,

Hello,

I've come across this issue in several circumstances. 

Hot start aircraft, George is commanded to select target, George can have Hellfire WAS or Gun WAS. George menu is UP(displayed)

Pilot(player) WAS for GUN, on the MPD the WPN page is selected, MAN RANGE button is pressed, A is typed on KDU, ENTER pressed.

In pilot HMD manual range is still indicated. 

In the track file attached, I run through the AUTO RANGE several times, Then George is commanded to fire on infantry, several targets are selected

and destroyed. After this round of target kills, AUTO RANGE is accepted. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LAXEvZhtlrqjBHviO3Ddkv0wHA1aBAMU/view?usp=sharing

Can't watch your track as it requires A-4E which I don't have, but I see the same thing. Auto ranging can be working OK, then after some time in the mission - which probably involved George - it stops working, i.e. I cannot switch to it. HMD continues to show 'M' and no 'A'. No idea why, but something - maybe correctly - is making this happen regularly and I wish I knew why.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

Hi, 

as imacken mentions above we can not use track replays with mods, if you are able to reproduce without mods please attach it we will take a closer look. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I will try to get a track as well, but in the meantime to add to the available info, SOMETIMES the problem can be corrected by WASing George to Gun, player to Hellfire, then WASing George to Hellfire and putting player back to gun.  

Of course, that worked until today, and now that's not a 100% fix.  I'll keep trying to get a track. 

7 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

as imacken mentions above we can not use track replays with mods, if you are able to reproduce without mods please attach it we will take a closer look. 

thanks

I have like 30 hours a week in DCS... always in multiplayer and never vanilla DCS. 

I wish you would still have a way to look at these reported issues regardless of mods. It takes much effort to capture and describe these bugs.

9 hours ago, imacken said:

Can't watch your track as it requires A-4E which I don't have, but I see the same thing. Auto ranging can be working OK, then after some time in the mission - which probably involved George - it stops working, i.e. I cannot switch to it. HMD continues to show 'M' and no 'A'. No idea why, but something - maybe correctly - is making this happen regularly and I wish I knew why.

Sorry, just noticed the title has ‘multiplayer’ in it. I never use multiplayer, so my comment was not relevant. I’m seeing the issue in single player. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• Solution

Just as a side note:

Have you checked that you are below 1.428 feet? Cause only below Radar Altimeter will function atm and you can only then set Auto Ranging afaik.

Sry i wont watch modded tracks. IMHO you cant ask a developer to bughunt modded gameversions cause the dev cant know what the mod is changing codewise, especially not during EA. Just my 2 cents.

K

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kharrn said:

Just as a side note:

Have you checked that you are below 1.428 feet? Cause only below Radar Altimeter will function atm and you can only then set Auto Ranging afaik.

Yes! That was it.  Thanks a lot. That never even occurred to me. Duh!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb JIGGAwest:

Hello,

I've come across this issue in several circumstances. 

Hot start aircraft, George is commanded to select target, George can have Hellfire WAS or Gun WAS. George menu is UP(displayed)

Pilot(player) WAS for GUN, on the MPD the WPN page is selected, MAN RANGE button is pressed, A is typed on KDU, ENTER pressed.

In pilot HMD manual range is still indicated. 

In the track file attached, I run through the AUTO RANGE several times, Then George is commanded to fire on infantry, several targets are selected

and destroyed. After this round of target kills, AUTO RANGE is accepted. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LAXEvZhtlrqjBHviO3Ddkv0wHA1aBAMU/view?usp=sharing

Please check that your radaraltimeter is active. See "Set" page in the flt-page. 

Without this active the triangulation needed for autorange does Not work. 

1 minute ago, xfirf said:

Please check that your radaraltimeter is active. See "Set" page in the flt-page. 

Without this active the triangulation needed for autorange does Not work. 

That is only an issue in Cold Start missions.  The radar alt is on by default in hot starts which the OP said he has done.

• ED Team
9 hours ago, USAF-Falcon87 said:

I will try to get a track as well, but in the meantime to add to the available info, SOMETIMES the problem can be corrected by WASing George to Gun, player to Hellfire, then WASing George to Hellfire and putting player back to gun.  

Of course, that worked until today, and now that's not a 100% fix.  I'll keep trying to get a track. 

I fly regular, I have not seen this issue, which is why we ask for track replays. We can not use mods as they will not work with our debug / dev versions. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

8 hours ago, Kharrn said:

Just as a side note:

Sry i wont watch modded tracks. IMHO you cant ask a developer to bughunt modded gameversions cause the dev cant know what the mod is changing codewise, especially not during EA. Just my 2 cents.

K

You may be right here.

I'll watch my own track and see if the altitude being above the functional range,  is the issue. 

I have noticed the radar altimeter bug had been reported already as not visually indicating on the FLT page even though it's a hot start aircraft.