Kneeboard requests

Hippo

To my understading, there are different kneeboard file locations:

• the default kneeboard (route and airfield charts)
  • custom player aircraft kneeboard files (that the user can add under saved games / kneeboard)
  • a mission specific kneeboard (in the miz file)

It seems to me that the kneeboard could be improved considerably by allowing these to be user-selectable from the kneeboard by default, e.g. by having extra tabs / icons added to the kneeboard.  It is highly incovenient for the user to have to click their way through tens of pages to get to the pages they want.

Also, please, please, please could you allow the kneeboard commands (next, prev page etc) to function whilst the sim is paused?

Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hmmm. Kneeboard requests thread... I have a feeling ED must be working on something here.

But.. how about a kneeboard we can actually edit without going outside DCS. Or even just allowing something written in the mission editor to appear on the kneeboard. Like the briefing? Why is this only on the esc menu?  Seems utterly nuts to me that for all the detail included in DCS, we still can't do this simple function. Working with co-ordinates requires a mod or... pen and paper (VR players excluded here)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Hmmm. Kneeboard requests thread... I have a feeling ED must be working on something here.

But.. how about a kneeboard we can actually edit without going outside DCS. Or even just allowing something written in the mission editor to appear on the kneeboard. Like the briefing? Why is this only on the esc menu?  Seems utterly nuts to me that for all the detail included in DCS, we still can't do this simple function. Working with co-ordinates requires a mod or... pen and paper (VR players excluded here)

Have you tried the "VRK" (?) kneeboard for VR? 

I not using VR currently, but I have and old WACOM tablet lying around somwhere I should test. 

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Have you tried the "VRK" (?) kneeboard for VR? 

I not using VR currently, but I have and old WACOM tablet lying around somwhere I should test. 

Yes I know, mods are available. I just really want to be able to save co-ordinates in the ME to a kneeboard I think that should be really possible natively. 

Edited by Hoirtel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I know, mods are available. I just really want to be able to save those nice co-ordinates boxes in the ME to a kneeboard I think that should be really possible natively. 
Ah, yes! A special kneeboard page that listet whatever "mark" you made on the F10 map would be very handy.
I do understand those that want apps like "The Way" to do it for you, but sometimes I like punching coordinates, the issue is where to "get them from".

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Just now, MAXsenna said:

Ah, yes! A special kneeboard page that listet whatever "mark" you made on the F10 map would be very handy.
I do understand those that want apps like "The Way" to do it for you, but sometimes I like punching coordinates, the issue is where to "get them from". emoji4.png

Yeah I like punching them in too. I really like the boxes that you can bring up in the ME displaying all the different co-ordinates. Just missing the "save to kneeboard button"! I have had to screen clip them and then tile in Photoshop and save to png. Less fun. 

• Like 1

Yeah I like punching them in too. I really like the boxes that you can bring up in the ME displaying all the different co-ordinates. Just missing the "save to kneeboard button"! I have had to screen clip them and then tile in Photoshop and save to png. Less fun. 
Yup! It would be very handy. I use voice though. Used to use the scratchpad profile for VoiceAttack, but after VAICOM released the kneeboard extension, I use that. But errors occur.