Can the helmet mounted sight be set to on permanently ?

swaps

Hi all,

I am using the F-16c and using the training modes at present. Can the helmet mounted sight be set to on all the time ? the training modes can be relatively short and having to reset the sight on on every time you restart or move to another training mission is a real pain. I do have head tracking but keeping it still and working the rotary switch can take a little doing. If this can de done can you explain how ?

Thanks Alan

If you are having trouble keeping the tracking system steady, it is already set up incorrectly.What kind of head tracking do you use?

And to your actual question.
If you have a free axis, you put the button on it, the controller usually jumps to that level then, or you use a key for that.

Going further, you can also change the default position of the switch somewhere in Lua, but I haven't gotten that far myself, but I'll take a closer look tonight, maybe I can find something.

Edited by Hobel

Hi, I am using facetracknoIR with a webcam. Looking right left and forward is fine but If I go extreme up or down I do get some problems. it does jump about a bit and can sometimes lose the track all together. its not all the time just sometimes. Im not sure how you bind a turntable switch to a button ? I would want it on full brightness always.

Thanks Alan

1 hour ago, Hobel said:

If you are having trouble keeping the tracking system steady, it is already set up incorrectly.What kind of head tracking do you use?

And to your actual question.
If you have a free axis, you put the button on it, the controller usually jumps to that level then, or you use a key for that.

Going further, you can also change the default position of the switch somewhere in Lua, but I haven't gotten that far myself, but I'll take a closer look tonight, maybe I can find something.

I have managed to map it to a button now, thanks.

• Like 1