DCS landing craft for tanks?

guyward11

Hey there ive been searching for awhile now and been scanning for a landing craft that can carry tanks or troops to shore, i see there are mods out there but i  cannot seem to find them. i would love a LCAC mod but i cannot i find any that are available? 

thanks in advance!!!

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi, 

welcome to the forum, currently no, not any landing craft that can take vehicles to the shore. 
I have moved to wish list for now, its something to consider for the future for sure. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is one of my top lists as well. I figure to improve on amphibious warfare Eagle needs to do the following.

• More landing craft 
  • give us the ability to preload troops and vehicles on landing craft/ships, transport aircraft and ground vehicles. ideally this would be combined with an improved template editor so that we can work with squad, platoon and company sized units on the map and when pre-loading vehicles.
  • Amphibious vehicles and landing craft should have a disembark/ embark ship waypoint similar to the take off and landing waypoints for aircraft. 
  • A tab for ground forces and landing craft for amphibious assault ships.
  • battleships - I'd love to see the 1980s Iowa-class battleships in DCS core, it would be even better if we got a playable module. 
  • AI forward observers and FACS - When a unit either sees the enemy or is under fire, the AI should call in air strikes and artillery. 

• Like 3

All we would need for amphibious stuff as it currently stands in DCS is the following:

• The ability to embark/disembark landing craft and ground units onto ships (which should preferably include placing ground units onto ships, the same way we would with a linked static object). Even better would be to actually have a collision model inside appropriate ships and have vehicles drive out of them.
  • The ability to embark/disembark appropriate ground units (namely infantry) onto ships, and have them able to be transferred to and from embarked aircraft, ground units (namely vehicles such as the BTR-80 and AAVP-7) and landing craft. Even better would be to have things like infantry run out on deck to a waiting helicopter.
  • Have appropriate animation arguments play when conducting amphibious operations (for example, doors and ramps opening).

Note: It should be possible to 'pre-embark' units onto other units, such that they are already embarked at mission start (at the moment the only way it works is that the host unit needs to 'pick up' the unit(s) to be embarked). This would be useful for the existing embarking/disembarking system for ground units onto aircraft.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

All we would need for amphibious stuff as it currently stands in DCS is the following:

• The ability to embark/disembark landing craft and ground units onto ships (which should preferably include placing ground units onto ships, the same way we would with a linked static object). Even better would be to actually have a collision model inside appropriate ships and have vehicles drive out of them.
  • The ability to embark/disembark appropriate ground units (namely infantry) onto ships, and have them able to be transferred to and from embarked aircraft, ground units (namely vehicles such as the BTR-80 and AAVP-7) and landing craft. Even better would be to have things like infantry run out on deck to a waiting helicopter.
  • Have appropriate animation arguments play when conducting amphibious operations (for example, doors and ramps opening).

I think that is all necessary too the scond we got the Tawraw and Samuel Chase Amphibious assault should have been a priority 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 6:41 AM, upyr1 said:

I think that is all necessary too the scond we got the Tawraw and Samuel Chase Amphibious assault should have been a priority 

As far as the Tarawa is concerned, for embarking ground units onto aircraft, I agree - right now we can't embark units to ships, nor can we disembark them from them.

The only thing is we lack a suitable platform (such as a CH-46E, CH-53E or MV-22) for it, though there's nothing stopping you from using existing helicopters on it.

When the Tarawa was first released, it did have its well deck modelled, but this was later removed, and while we don't have things like the LCAC 1, it should've been possible to deploy the AAVP-7A1 from it. Unsure if RAZBAM plans to re-add it again.

For the Samuel Chase, similar thing, but instead you'd have the LCVP [Higgins boat] spawn in the water where the davits are, but we'd still need to be able to embark infantry onto said LCVPs and then be able to embark said LCVPs onto the Samuel Chase. Though if you wanted to go above and beyond you could have an animation argument to show them being lowered into the water.

Though naval everything is the least fleshed out aspect of DCS.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

10 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

As far as the Tarawa is concerned, for embarking ground units onto aircraft, I agree - right now we can't embark units from ships, nor can we disembark them onto them.

The only thing is that we lack a suitable platform (such as a CH-46E, CH-53E or MV-22) for it, though there's nothing stopping you from using existing helicopters on it.

We might not have the most up today version, but the Huey is quite appropriate 

ah1z-050crs.jpg

thought the CH-66, 53 and V-22 would be good at least AI

When the Tarawa was first released, it did have its well deck modelled, but this was later removed, and while we don't have things like the LCAC 1, it should've been possible to deploy the AAVP-7A1 from it. Unsure if RAZBAM plans to re-add it again.

For the Samuel Chase, similar thing, but instead you'd have the LCVP [Higgins boat] spawn in the water where the davits are, but we'd still need to be able to embark infantry onto said LCVPs and then be able to embark said LCVPs onto the Samuel Chase. Though if you wanted to go above and beyond you could have an animation argument to show them being lowered into the water.

Even without the animation that would still be great. I would like to see Eagle work on the lsts.

Though naval everything is the least fleshed out aspect of DCS.

A big understatement 

Edited by upyr1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 2:46 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

welcome to the forum, currently no, not any landing craft that can take vehicles to the shore. 
I have moved to wish list for now, its something to consider for the future for sure. 

thanks

ahh, thank you very much, i saw one in suntsags video thats why i was wondering