COM channel issue Mission 2

16 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

are the presets not changing? And if not did you try typing th

Yup, they are frozen in the channels which was tuned just before the failures.

16 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

did you try typing the frequency I'm instead?

Yup, went to manual and punched in 128.700 but it resets back to channel 5 which is (128.400 iirc)

Edited by syzygy

11 hours ago, syzygy said:

Yup, they are frozen in the channels which was tuned just before the failures.

Yup, went to manual and punched in 128.700 but it resets back to channel 5 which is (128.400 iirc)

Ok thanks, never seen or heard about this before.  Do you have anything installed that may interfere with radio function, eg something like VAICOM, or easy comms on...anything like that?  There shouldn't be anything in the mission that affects the radios, the failure is a specific part that has nothing to do with those.  Only other thing to add is that sometimes the failure knocks off the DDIs, just cycle the battery on/off to restart them...worth a try with the radios as well I guess.

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

the failure knocks off the DDIs, just cycle the battery on/off to restart them...worth a try with the radios as well I guess.

Thanks I will try this and update.

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

Do you have anything installed that may interfere with radio function, eg something like VAICOM, or easy comms on

No I do not use any of those add-ons. The only extra add-on that I use is a UFC app for the hornet but this specific mission I was not using them.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Nahemoth said:

Today I had the same radio issue, as described by syzygy. Maybe it is a random problem...

yeah maybe, is a strange one and still not sure why.  Was it also at the end of mission 2 after the in-flight emergency?

I am having similar comms issue with mission 2 except I can't get RAPCON arrival F10 menu to come up once I switch to appropriate channel (I believe its Comm 2 Channel 5 ).

Found Solution: You have to press enter on the UFC on channel is set. 

Edited by Maduce
  • Thanks 1