AUTO loft bombing with JDAMs - NOT WORKING

Hello guys.

I'm driving crazy trying to release JDAMs in auto loft (or toss) in PP mode.

I've been trying 45º and 30º and simply bombs won't pickle when I got into the correct pitch angle and the release queue just pass across the vertical pitch line.

I've been checking latest manual release and found the only manual mode is implemented at this time (April 22):

image.png

Is this true? I've seen videos that auto loft is properly working, so I'm driving nuts here...

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

Toss bombing (LOFT) is slightly flawed even with Dumb bombs at present in DCS FA18

For Low drag weapons the AUTO release cue should appear on the ASL when a release is possible before the aircraft gets to 45 deg nose up with a 4G pull achieved in 0.5second...... this is therefore an TOSS in range solution.

In the case of a high drag weapon the release cue appears 5 sec before the computed release point. In DCS the release cue logic used is this 5 Sec logic regardless of the weapon drag configuration.

Here in lies the problem. In DCS the release cue only appears 5 seconds prior to the 1G release solution.... so you wont get any true LOFT release cueing for Low drag weapons.

IRL you can TOSS a MK80 series bomb about 5nm from 600Kts at ground level. A workaround is to not start the Pull up until around 5.5nm

This has been reported.