ACLS Questions after YT video

Foka

I just attempted the Case III Supercarrier Hornet landing mission and went to bring up the Shift-K kneepad and there was no frequency for the SC.

I also have another couple of general questions:

1) I notice WAGS sets 250 feet for the Case III, is this for a 250 decision altitude?

2) Are these data link comms sent manually by the controller or are they sent automatically upon a XPNDR update?

3) Is there a night cold start mission available so we don't have to learn the intricacies of the mission editor to see the new roof features?

4) Will there be any personnel on the carrier to provide parking marshalling in time?

5) Also, I cannot see the option to switch shadows for the Supercarrier.

Sorry for the noob quesitons. 

Edited by Willie Nelson

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

11 hours ago, Willie Nelson said:

I just attempted the Case III Supercarrier Hornet landing mission and went to bring up the Shift-K kneepad and there was no frequency for the SC.

The mission is old. ACLS is a new feature. It's obvious that CVN doesn't have ACLS and DL configured.

1) I notice WAGS sets 250 feet for the Case III, is this for a 250 decision altitude?

I always set radar alt at 40, like during departure, so in case of bolter I'd have this same configuration as during departure.

3) Is there a night cold start mission available so we don't have to learn the intricacies of the mission editor to see the new roof features?

I wouldn't call it  intricacies, it's just one option. Learning really vasics of ME lets you fly the way you like, not only how missions let you.

4) Will there be any personnel on the carrier to provide parking marshalling in time?

They said, they're working on it.

I guess I’m a bit surprised that an update comes out with a bunch of new features that they’re trying to show off and I have to go and build a mission for each one to use them. 

Seems a little odd. 

• Like 1

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Why is it odd to you? New features, that were not present in the past - it's obvious they won't work in old missions.

Updating old missions? It probably would delay the patch, but on the other hand ED isn't very fast in updating training missions. 

maybe not update old missions, but maybe put the mission wags used for acls on the download site.  I created a mission exactly as wags did, andI having great difficulty.  I set my plane out about 60 miles.  I get message to descend to 5000 feet.  and wait and wait and wait.  I am at 3 miles to the carrier and still waiting.  It would be nice to have a longer more indepth video, because it is not working for me.  

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 1:34 AM, Willie Nelson said:

5) Also, I cannot see the option to switch shadows for the Supercarrier.

In DCS options you can set secondary shadows but only works when Terrain Object Shadows set to Default as description

DCS Options Shadows.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

For some reason I can't get ACL switching to MODE 1 at 6nm during Case 3 recovery as in Wags video: on the ACL page it still displays T/C below ACL RDY and in Wags video it changes to MODE 1. Accordingly when I try to engage autopilot in CPL mode CPLD HDG is displayed on HUD instead of CPL P/R as in Wags video. There's no tad pole circle on the HUD either. Maybe it has something to do with ATC engagement and my poor management of it I don't know... I'm getting all DATA updates from the carrier before 6nm though. I have a track, but with full marshal stack circle it's ~7MB so I can't attach it.

UPD: Nevermind, looks like it's already reported in another thread:

case3_als1.png

case3_als2.png

case3_als3.png

matt_case3_als1.png

matt_case3_als3.png

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

Perhaps it will help someone not to forget what to do when doing a Hands Off Landing.

ACLS (2).pdf

Edited by ex81
new pdf-version

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

not sure what I am doing wrong but I encounter the following problem: Setting up a quick mission to practice ACLS landings including Tacan (73), ICLS (11) and D/L (336 - default). This mission runs ok in single player and multiplayer and the ACLS approach and landing is completed successfully

To fit the needs for multiplayer server I wanted to change the D/L frequency from 336 to 373 so it is recognizable for the carrier we approach. This same mission runs ok in single player mode without problems. However, loading this on the multiplayer server it will not work and I cannot figure out why not. The DATA is not pushed to the aircraft but the whole communication is still the same including say needles etc.

For the record, I do have the hornet, SC and running on Beta

23 hours ago, Recluse said:

@ex81 Nice job. Only change I would suggest is that Mother is not always going to be on 127500 radio frequency. It depends on what was set in the Mission Editor, so I'd make this step more generic.

OK, thanks for the answer. I will make changes and upload again.

22 hours ago, Dopey said:

not sure what I am doing wrong but I encounter the following problem: Setting up a quick mission to practice ACLS landings including Tacan (73), ICLS (11) and D/L (336 - default). This mission runs ok in single player and multiplayer and the ACLS approach and landing is completed successfully

To fit the needs for multiplayer server I wanted to change the D/L frequency from 336 to 373 so it is recognizable for the carrier we approach. This same mission runs ok in single player mode without problems. However, loading this on the multiplayer server it will not work and I cannot figure out why not. The DATA is not pushed to the aircraft but the whole communication is still the same including say needles etc.

For the record, I do have the hornet, SC and running on Beta

Sorry, but I`m no familiar in using the MultiPlayer in any way. So I can`t be of any help.

Sure there are a lot of players who have an answer to this.

Edited by ex81
changes done

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet