HARM accuracy

Foka

From last or second to last patch something broke with HARMS. ~50% of shots miss.

Regardless of launch mode (TOO or PB). Radar is active all the time (no scripts turning radar off etc).

It's not "random 'realistic' inaccuracy", it's very repetitive error - HARM land slong (behind the target from direction of launch), always ~200 ft. My and my friends exprienced that bug in SP and MP numerous of times.

I set up simple and short mission. You can fly it yourself, you can play my track. It's always this same.

image.png

image.png

HARM1.trk

Edited by Foka

• ED Team

Hi, 

thanks for the track replay, I will suggest waiting for the next patch as some improvements have been made. 

In my test with our internal version I was getting a better success rate with hits. 

In the example below was a kill and 2 units incapacitated 

Screen_220425_121827.png

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 7 months later...
vor 11 Stunden schrieb aphill:

It just seems less accurate than it was a couple of patches ago. I may be wrong but I seem to get less kills than previously. Soom just flat miss. some explode close with no damage at all. Has something changed lately?

Harms_Gulf 12422.trk 4.95 MB · 1 Download

Thanks for the track

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Buhli:

Yep, notice the same.

My harms missed a big ship and at land they impact 10-30 feet behind the radar mostly on my last multiplayer session.

Track or a more detailed description of the situation, altitude, range, modes, which unit was the target and from waht platform the shot was taken.    🙂

Edited by Hobel

vor 20 Stunden schrieb aphill:

It just seems less accurate than it was a couple of patches ago. I may be wrong but I seem to get less kills than previously. Soom just flat miss. some explode close with no damage at all. Has something changed lately?

Harms_Gulf 12422.trk 4.95 MB · 2 Downloads

Okay, I took a look at your track.
And the first thing to say is that there are already some reports about the damage against harder targets like SA-11.

see:

You shoot here all harm in SP mode, which means that there is partly no real loft profile and the AGM88C then often depending on what height you have also arrive at the target, so if you shoot quite far or flat the AGM88 on the target also arrives at a fairly shallow angle and at a shallow angle, the Harm is often somewhat inaccurate or is it more likely to hit the ground before the target,  I have observed that too.

is this a fault of the AGM88? One could argue about it.
but it is something you can avoid if you know and try to shoot the AGM88 so that it comes in at a higher angle.

What I saw in your tack.

1. looks okay but could still have something to do with the mentioned report

2. kill

3. "Harm AGM88 0% Damage" thing

4. kill

5. comes in too shallow hits the ground first

6."Harm AGM88 0% Damage" thing

7.Kill

8.I missed one shot, but I think you can see what I'm trying to get at.😁

Edited by Hobel