Mission 6 - Bombers never show

I just completed the campaign and overall very enjoyable as always!

I reflew Mission 7 (I think) multiple times due to the fact that nothing ever happens and I though I was missing something, doing something wrong. I take off, circle the field and am ordered to fly 090 to an altitude of 7km to intercept bombers. I fly 090 for a very long time well off the edge of the map only for nothing to happen. I returned to the field and get credit for the mission anyway but a bit disappointing.

I was able to get the bombers to trigger once by getting lost and then trying to rejoin the course but I suspect theres a trigger zone issue or something. Thanks!

Edited by mdg39

Hi thanks for the response! Yeah I flew the last 6 sorties at the same time and they all blurred together.

I really appreciate the mission editor view, that's super helpful. I think somehow I'm flying past Lille by getting of course or not flying the heading correctly. It's just weird I don't understand how I didn't have an issue in other missions. I'll be reflying this one for fun to see what's going on with the info you've provided.

I just want to say I really appreciate the work you do on these and eventually I'll probably play all your campaigns. Really looking forward to the one for the Mossie! Hopefully ED will move things along and we can get the features we need. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

• mdg39 changed the title to Mission 6 - Bombers never show
  • 9 months later...

I've got the same problem....I get up to 7Km as quick as possible but have yet to trigger the bombers.  Did you ever get it to work?  I can see the city and I circle around it but never get the big boys.  It's my second or third time as well, and it worked before 2.8.  Love the campaign by the way.  Got all your campaigns...great work.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, mla306 said:

I've got the same problem....I get up to 7Km as quick as possible but have yet to trigger the bombers.  Did you ever get it to work?  I can see the city and I circle around it but never get the big boys.  It's my second or third time as well, and it worked before 2.8.  Love the campaign by the way.  Got all your campaigns...great work.

Thanks.

See the screenshot above. You gotta be over Lille.