Engine start tutorial for FC3 (all aircrafts): rAlt+home,rCnt+home not working

Go to solution Solved by gman066,

Hi friends,

I have already searched in the forum and saw similar post about hotas position and other stuff. I have re-installed, un-plugged all hotas etc, still finding the issue. Keyboard checked, those buttons work properly. any suggestion what's going on?

For instance: SU-27 start up,

when instructor said, left alt+home, i clicked. But the left engine didn't start. The instructor goes for right cnt+home, the right engine didn't start. Tutorial finds the key stroke and moves to next instruction. So, the key is okay but the engine not starting.

Edited by gman066

3 hours ago, gman066 said:

Hi friends,

I have already searched in the forum and saw similar post about hotas position and other stuff. I have re-installed, un-plugged all hotas etc, still finding the issue. Keyboard checked, those buttons work properly. any suggestion what's going on?

For instance: SU-27 start up,

when instructor said, left alt+home, i clicked. But the left engine didn't start. The instructor goes for right cnt+home, the right engine didn't start. Tutorial finds the key stroke and moves to next instruction. So, the key is okay but the engine not starting.

Are you using a typical US Keyboard?
I found  Right Alt + Home works for the left engine and Left Control + Home for the right.
Right Shift + Home turns on both.

About your HOTAS question I find sometimes when I reinstall the game my stick has throttle bound to it as well as pitch and roll axis
Have you checked to see if all your axis are in order? You need power at 0% to start engines.

Hey, 

thanks for helping out. I am using USA keyboard. they used to work for fc3, something happened and it’s not working anymore. 
yeah, I unchecked the Hotas sync beginning  of game start. 
I checked it too, they are at 0 percent. 

Not that it’s much help but I tried the tutorial this morning and everything worked as it should. So it is most likely not the tutorial itself at issue. The few times the key commands haven’t worked for me in the past, a reboot of my computer fixed the issue.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Hi.

In my PC (spanish KB), left engine is RAlt+Home and RCTRL+Home for right engine. This is for the SU27, I think I can recall being slightly diferent for other FC3 Modules. You can always change the keybinding at you convenience and see if it fixes it

Saludos

Saca111

Edited by Sacarino111