ACLS without using CATCC

Ahmed

Hi,

While ED staff are probably not aware, A LOT of the DCS online virtual squadrons don't use the AI CATCC. This may be due to immersion reasons preferring SRS to AI comms, having a human controller, or not liking some of the inconsistencies. However, ED seem to have implemented this as only working with following the whole script of AI comms.

Can you at least consider making the lock-on work after only making the initial AI marshal check-in, so that the online virtual squadron community can also use ACLS? Ideally it would work even without that, but at least gives us the option to use it after only entering the F10 menu once.

• Like 6

• ED Team

Hi Ahmed 

I will pass on your comments to the team, but can make no promises. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

@BIGNEWY thanks.

Now that a logic was added to the non-SC carriers, would it be possible to pass the team the idea of having the same logic to be used in the SC so that ACLS lock-on is simulated from 5.5nm/1200ft/5º when only calling Inbound on the SC without following the rest of the CATCC script?

This would allow the same logic of the Stennis to work too in the SC for the many online squadrons that want to use ACLS but don't want to use the CATCC F10 commands and want the simple Stennis logic to work on the SC.

• Like 3

+1 super critical feature request IMO. You've spent so much energy creating the ACLS system, only for it to not be used by online groups because it's tied to a single player comm system!

Super simple fix, super important impact

Edited by Swift.
  • Like 3

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2