Boresight twice?

Moxica
Go to solution Solved by sirrah,

During startup, I successfully performed boresight as pilot. 
Upon entering cpg cockpit, I could not release hellfiresdue to the message:  "IHADS b/s required"
I tried, but did not get any option to boresight again.  Wut? How? etc..
(Did not experience this in the open beta)

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

46 minutes ago, Moxica said:

During startup, I successfully performed boresight as pilot. 
Upon entering cpg cockpit, I could not release hellfiresdue to the message:  "IHADS b/s required"
I tried, but did not get any option to boresight again.  Wut? How? etc..
(Did not experience this in the open beta)

You don't need to boresight the IHADSS in order to fire Hellfires as CPG, so there's probably something else going on there (better post a track file)

As for not being able to borseight as CPG:

• Did you make sure to turn up the PRIMARY light knob on your left side?
  • The default view position when entering the CPG seat is not properly centered in the seat... Some people seem to not have any issues, but for me, after I do VR recenter in the CPG seat, I have to move my head way to the right and down a little in order to see the yellow boresight rings in the BRU
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thank you, sirrah! Yes as I mentioned, I did allready boresight once. With success.
I find it weird that the message appears in cpg posistion when trying to fire hellfires. Because, I allready boresighted. Succsessfully at startup.
The second time I tried, there was no option to boresight on the weapons page.  (Because it was allready done?)

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Moxica said:

Thank you, sirrah! Yes as I mentioned, I did allready boresight once. With success.
I find it weird that the message appears in cpg posistion when trying to fire hellfires. Because, I allready boresighted. Succsessfully at startup.
The second time I tried, there was no option to boresight on the weapons page.  (Because it was allready done?)

So just to be clear: You already boresighted while in the CPG seat? (PLT and CPG both need to boresight individually)

You should be able to boresight as much and often as you like. The option won't disappear. What I think happens in your case, is that you have the Hellfires WAS'ed (selected) when you want to do the boresight. You'll need to deselect any weapons in order to get the boresight option.

But I'm just assuming here.. Without a track file, we can only guess whats going on 😉

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

7 minutes ago, sirrah said:

So just to be clear: You already boresighted while in the CPG seat? (PLT and CPG both need to boresight individually)

You should be able to boresight as much and often as you like. The option won't disappear. What I think happens in your case, is that you have the Hellfires WAS'ed (selected) when you want to do the boresight. You'll need to deselect any weapons in order to get the boresight option.

But I'm just assuming here.. Without a track file, we can only guess whats going on 😉

IIRC you need to have master arm "off" as well.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Thx gentlemen. That sounds plausible. Will try as soon as I get home from work, which can't be soon enough.
That relieved me from a lot of confusion!  
Excellent guesswork right there.   🙂 

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 1

I believe the issue your experiencing is you boresighted as pilot,  finished your startup and went airborne. Then switched to CPG while airborne. I don't think the George AI completes startup procedures as if a human was sitting in the seat.  So when you go into the CPG seat after a cold & dark startup in the pilots seat, you would have to do a full configuration from the CPG seat as well before taking off

• Like 1

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset 

1 hour ago, sigfan86 said:

I believe the issue your experiencing is you boresighted as pilot,  finished your startup and went airborne. Then switched to CPG while airborne. I don't think the George AI completes startup procedures as if a human was sitting in the seat.  So when you go into the CPG seat after a cold & dark startup in the pilots seat, you would have to do a full configuration from the CPG seat as well before taking off

You don't have to do the IHADSS b/s before taking off. You can do it at all times (also while airborne). But you are right, that you need to do it manually for both stations, as currently George won't 🙂

• Like 1

System specs: