High consumption of RAM memory

Frogfoot250

Hello,

This map of Syria consumes a lot of RAM memory, on average between 23 and 25 GB.

Is rare. With the other maps it had never happened to me.

Hope they can solve it.

Thank you,

Regards

+1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Problem is that it says on the specifications that it can run with 16gb of ram, s to those who bought it with only that amount of ram, its quite unplayable. For me, I only have 16gb of ram, I've yet to see the map yet as it aways crashes on load, even though my settings aren't high.

I was inverted B)

It takes all the RAM and does not let it go. Have to restart after opening the map a few times. Very nice. Now I have two maps that are basically un-flyable, Channel and this Syria one. Oh well, they got my money to continue development. Guess that is the bright side.

I am seeing the same thing with high RAM usage. Getting stuttering at low altitude in VR with shadows off and terrain textures at low no MSAA SSAA.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

It takes all the RAM and does not let it go. Have to restart after opening the map a few times. Very nice. Now I have two maps that are basically un-flyable, Channel and this Syria one. Oh well, they got my money to continue development. Guess that is the bright side.

Hm, channel works fine for me - also pretty generously allocates memory, but it rarely exceeds the physical limits of the system.

I do remember this being a thing with Nevada back in the day though.. But it was fixed - at least it no longer poses a problem for me.

Probably just a memory leak they overlooked.

Edit: On the bright side, this really encourages you to save your mission every twenty seconds :megalol:

I was able to download and do the F-14 Quick Mission in Turkey. It only consumed 22 GB of RAM which also included Windows 10, and numerous programs and processes running in the back ground. I also got better than expected framerates in the 50's from cockpit with dips down to mid-30's when flying over the city at low altitude.

So far, Impressed!!! Look forawrd to more optimization by Ugra Media and ED.

Fredm2002

Intel i7-12700K, 128 GB RAM, 3080 TI, 26 TB of Storage

Hm, channel works fine for me - also pretty generously allocates memory, but it rarely exceeds the physical limits of the system.

I do remember this being a thing with Nevada back in the day though.. But it was fixed - at least it no longer poses a problem for me.

Probably just a memory leak they overlooked.

Edit: On the bright side, this really encourages you to save your mission every twenty seconds :megalol:

LOL!!!!!! I have learned that lesson. An auto save would be great to have!

MAP VIRTUALLY UNUSABLE

Simplistic test, multiple aircraft types on airport and carriers to fly and get feel for the map.

Map looks great by the way, nice colour blends.

In SP F14's hotstarts on airfields throw up multiple coding error boxes.... memory usage very very high.

In MP unless you have stacks of memory just forget it. Most aircraft you will not be able to spawn in and just float above the ground without cockpit. UH1H was okay though.

Strangely enough hot spawn onto Tarawa in Harriers and even better, F14s worked fine - no terrain to load I suppose.... just water....

Numerous lockouts in MP and SP mode. On the MP mode, I get it with dedicated server and 8MB RAM.... but all other maps just fly with 20 aircraft no issues... SP PC runs 32MbRAM and CPU at 4.5Mhz...

Shame....

SIGBLOCK.png

No problems here, and looked lovely

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I ran two of the F-14 Instant Action missions on an i5-2500 with a 1060 GTX and 16Gb RAM. 600kias at 500ft AGL was smooth as silk over both Haifa and Beiruit.

Your system sounds similar to mine. You running High Mid or Low graphics settings?

I havent tried yet, waiting on steam to catch up.

My mission was also on a locally hosted mission using my old PC, though being fair, that has 24GB of RAM.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I have a middle-of-the-road PC and a quick test didn't show up any problems, performance seems about the same as Persian Gulf:

OUmTFqL0eFU

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

stuttering, Frame Rate

Beautiful Map, flew the BS around and the stuttering makes it unpleasent, i tried to reduce terrain-prelaod and visiblity-range with no joy i noticed Frame Rate goes up and down quite a bit 12 to 70 FPS it's erratic not smooth i've got 32gb ram plus a 30gb optane virtual memory so i shouldn't have a memory problem i can't wait to start killing tanks, but i'll have to do it in the PG for the meantime Hot Fix anyone?

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

Finally the RAM is being used... rainbowdashwink.png

TBH this map is like 3 times the amount of one of the others. That's kinda expected... icon_exclaim.gif

LOL!!!!!! I have learned that lesson. An auto save would be great to have!

I did that already ages ago in MS Office. Every third word you write or number you enter, hit Ctrl+S. You will not regret it, at the latest when you ever try to use any professional Adobe software. Those literally love to crash up all day long.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I am seeing the same thing with high RAM usage. Getting stuttering at low altitude in VR with shadows off and terrain textures at low no MSAA SSAA.

Same here, at low altitude it is slide show :( hopexthat Ugra Media wil solve this in near future with some optimizations

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

Same here, at low altitude it is slide show :( hopexthat Ugra Media wil solve this in near future with some optimizations
+1

I don't mind the RAM usage as long as the FPS is acceptable. I was flying in aerobatic server and skimmed over Incirlik with only 25 FPS. Fly high then the FPS jump to 60. Its not a complained tho because I realize I have quite old GTX 1070 paired with i5 4690k. Just hoping they can improve the performance in this beautiful map.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I run mostly high, but low textures (doesn't appear to make any difference except for frames), no MSAA or post-processing, and low traffic.

Cool thanks for the feedback. I usually have terrain mid or low and keep up general textures so i can read cockpit labels. I think ill be fine with modest settings then. Thanks again.

Anyone who is also using this exchange as a reference i have an i5-4750, 4 GB Radeon Card, 16 GB system ram and usually do fine on Nevada and PG. Ill report back once Steam gets done approving things.

Edited by missleman01