Question regarding Multicrew/Co-op Modules

Denji

Hello everyone,

Me and my Brother have been very interested in the Multicrew-part of DCS lately.
We were trying to find a good Module that would seem to thrill us both, as we are going to spend alot of time with it to learn it properly in the Future.
Thing is, as all of you should know, these Modules come with a certain pricetag and im afraid of making a wrong decision here.
I already searched Youtube for Gameplay Recordings of the different Modules that offer Multicrew.

My Problem now is, that i cant seem to analyze the different Tasks of the Crewmembers and how they affect overall Flightperformance.
I do understand that the Hind for example needs the Gunner/Operator to use the ATGM's, atleast the guided ones, what already should be a ton of fun.
But while looking at the Mi-24 Gameplay, i get the feeling the Operator could run out of tasks pretty easy as long theres nothing to shoot at.
Dont want to sound like Fortnite here, but as you spend alot of time in DCS just flying around or to a designated area, i fear this could become a motivational Killer for atleast one of us.

The Question is, are there big differences in the Tasks of the Co-Pilot between the Multicrew Modules?
And if so, wich one would you pick if you were about to specialize in the Co-Pilot role and wanted to stay busy?
If its just about the piloting itself, i feel attracted to nearly all of the combat-oriented Modules with MC, F-14, Mi-24, Apache, Huey... doesent make a big difference as they all have a legendary reputation and look georgeous to me. I just want to have equally split up Tasks between the Pilots.

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance for your support.

I would go for the Apache; there is loads to do for both seats and more importantly you have to work as a team to get the best out of it.

Neal

• Like 2

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Between the Hind and Apache, I would recommend the Apache as well. With the multiple camera systems, the ability to control the gun and the Hellfires, navigating and so on, there is a couple of things to do. Nevertheless, in transit - only one can fly. (But at least you could hand over the controls if you wanted to).

In the F-14, operating the backseat properly surely is a big task, especially in ingress and combat, but there is no ability whatsoever for the RIO to take the controls, so...

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

HI.

Same advice here, go for the Apache, no doubt. And you can always use the free trial period to check tha module and ,make an opinion on how you feel it.

The F14 is the other one I would suggest, al thought the tasks are really different, and the back seatir can't fly the thing, but the RIO is the true star of the show, really, so pretty rewarding also.

Maybe when the F-15E gome to play the backseater can do more things and all the time spent on other modules will pay out.

Saludos,

Saca111

• Like 1

I mean the difference between helicopter and jet is more fundamental than just the question what the copilot has to do.

It's a completely different mission profile and the general advise on this is, "choose the mission not the aircraft".

The helicopter is certainly closer to the "action", you get to appreciate the terrain more and the flying itself is more rewarding (for me). You miss the nailbiting action of dogfights though.

Perhaps, go Apache first, and save up to add the Tomcat later or in a sale... 😅

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"