How to assign two functions to one button if possible

emikoussi

Hello, I need help as I a building a physical P47 cockpit, How to assign two functions to one button :

Exemple :

Assign on one keyboard or joystick button the action to :

1 - opening of the red protection (over the recovery flaps extensions switch)

and the action to :

2 - Activating the switch itself 

I dont know if it is possible, but if yes this will avoid to equip two physicals switches for that.

Thanks

You will have more chance of getting an answer in the Input/output section of the forum:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/70-input-and-output/

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 4/25/2022 at 5:15 PM, emikoussi said:

I dont know if it is possible, but if yes this will avoid to equip two physicals switches for that.

It is possible if your HOTAS software allows it. For example the Thrustmaster Warthog can do it using its TARGET software, while the older Thrustmaster Cougar can do it using its Foxy software.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

There are several possibilities, but none provided by ED. The ones I have used or know of:

1. add custom commands to the default.lua
This is my preferred method as it doesn't rely on 3rd party software.
Example: P-47: Gun Safety Cover and Gun Safety Switch operated with a single maintainedON/OFF switch
Disadvantage: DCS World Update or repair restores the original file. I use OvGME to back up and restore all my modified files.

2. some controller-specific software like Thrustmaster's TARGET allow you to define macro commands in the form of key sequences.
The downside is that most commands in DCS World don't have pre-defined key sequences so you have to define those under Options/Controls which I find very tedious.

3. VoiceAttack: It uses Windows Speech Recognition to recognize a spoken command. A single spoken command can be set up to produce any number of key sequences.
The downside is again that you have to first define those key sequences. And some people might find it difficult to work with speech recognition.
I find it useful for communication with AI wingmen as I can tell them what to do without having to use the keyboard for entering a sequence of F-keys.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5