Different behavior with trim between beta and stable

ked

There seems to be a problem with the trim when comparing stable and beta versions. I use Instant Trim with a desk mounted Virpil WarBRD base and this is what I got.
On stable the white diamond doesn't follow my trim (red cross), instead it always go back to center no matter what

On beta the white diamond follows the red cross

Now I know what you're thinking, just change trim modes ... result is exactly the same ...

I even have a screenshot on stable where I'm fully trimmed forward and the aircraft is completely flat, it makes absolutely no sense. Am I the only one with this problem ? I checked my settings they are exactly the same, axes are good I have reset them to be sure, it makes no sense that I'm the only one having this.

I have supplied the tracks for both stable and beta

Stable trim

unknown.png

Stable settings

image.png

Beta trim (you can see the white diamond follows the red cross)

image.png

Beta settings

image.png

Weird trim fully forward on stable, aircraft is not even trying to pitch forward

unknown.png

bug trim beta.trk bug trim stable.trk

Edited by ked

• ED Team

Hi, 

stable and open beta are currently the same version, it is not possible unless you have selected a different trim type in special options. 

Can I suggest you reselect the trim types in special option to ensure nothing strange is going on. 

Also ensure both versions are up to date. Can you attach your dcs.log from both versions.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I already tried resetting everything

Stable version 2.7.11.22211

Beta version 2.7.1.22211

Logs below

The only possible solution I see would be to nuke the Saved Games folder and see what happens, or reinstall DCS which is not really ideal right now

dcs.log dcs.log

So it turns out it was my virtual input (with joystick gremlin).

I deleted the saved games folder and tried again, didn't work. But when setting input to the actual joystick it worked

I ended up copying the saved games folder from the beta so the settings are the exact same ... and now it works as intended

No clue why this would do that, I guess you can close this thread

Edited by ked
  • Thanks 1