Edit a training mission.

Rockeyes

There are a couple of DCS default training missions that I would like to edit thus making it possible to be used by a friend and myself online. Is this possible?

Edited by Rockeyes
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

• Rockeyes changed the title to Edit a training mission.
There are a couple of DCS default training missions that I would like to edit thus making it possible to be used by a friend and myself online. Is this possible?

Yes, just open in the mission editor.
Multiplayer training missions. That's a fantastic idea. But it might not work the way you intend to.
Personally, I don't really know my way around the ME, but @Rudel_chw has made some fantastic training missions for various modules. He is always willing to help, so I'm sure he can give you some advice.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Rockeyes said:

The training missions are not locked, so they can be edited freely. However, some of the triggers that these type of mission employ are for single player use, for example the one that highlights cockpit controls, the one that can detect the position of those controls, etc. So, in practice it is not possible to convert a training mission for cooperative use.

What you can actually do, is edit practice-type missions, say for example a gunnery practice at a target range .. those can easily be converted to coop multiplayer.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

What you can actually do, is edit practice-type missions, say for example a gunnery practice at a target range .. those can easily be converted to coop multiplayer

That would be a perfect start. I have looked but unable to find where they are stored.

Thanks for your replies guys 👍

Spoiler

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

Windows 10 Maximus VIII Hero i7-6700k CPU @ 4.2GHz 16GB Nvida GeForce GTX 1080. Ram Duel SSD's

10 minutes ago, Rockeyes said:

That would be a perfect start. I have looked but unable to find where they are stored.

Here you can get a demo mission for this type of coop weapon practice mission:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Here you can get a demo mission for this type of coop weapon practice mission:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript

Thank you. Looks good, will have to see if I can get my head around it.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

11 minutes ago, Rockeyes said:

Thank you. Looks good, will have to see if I can get my head around it.

I used the script of that mission for editing mine … the script supports multiplayer and can keep score for more than one player, on flight it looks like this:

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I used the script of that mission for editing mine … the script supports multiplayer and can keep score for more than one player, on flight it looks like this:

Thanks. Just subscribed to your youtube channel 🙂

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HTC Vive

17 minutes ago, Rockeyes said:

Just subscribed to your youtube channel

🙃 it’s a boring channel, I use it mostly to store videos that I intend to post here, to really learn about Mission Editing it’s better to subscribe to this other channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnMdglLzp7KBkLiaNiq9N-Q

👍 Cheers.

• Like 1