VIACOM PRO Audio Feedback and Sound Effects Not Working After Recent Update

melchionda

Hi folks, I have a few questions about audio feedback and sound effects not working.  Overall I have VIACOM pro working pretty well I think, but after an update a few weeks back a few things stopped working. Note that I also use SRS; Im not sure if that might have anything to do with this.

1.) Before the update when I would open up Voice Attack and VIACOM Pro would load I would hear a beep in my headset confirming that Voice Attack and VIACOM pro were now up and running.  This was good because it told me two things..  first that those apps had opened successfully and second that the correct audio device was now selected.  I'm no longer hearing that beep event hough the proper audio device is selected.  Any ideas what setting I might need to adjust?

2.) When speaking to AI in VIACOM pro I used to get a beep response from VIACOM pro telling me that the AI was listening to me after I had called them by name.  So for instance I would say "Chief"... "Remove the wheel chocks" and and some point either just after saying "Chief" or finishing my statement I would hear a beep telling me that VIACOM pro had heard me and understood what I was saying.  I no longer hear that beep.  Any ideas what setting I might need to adjust to get that beep back?

3.) When clicking a PTT button I would get a radio sound effect which sounded like static. I'm no longer getting that sound effect either.  Any idea what I setting I might need to fix that?

After reading all of this you might think that maybe I do not have the right communication audio device selected.  However I do not think that is the case because I can hear all AI and real people through my headset, I just cant hear the audio feedback cues.  

Any help would be appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, Olmba said:

Open Vaicom setting, select audio tab, select your audio device and press  init. 

Also be sure you have the correct audio setting in Voiceattack. 

Thanks Olmba; but I do not think that is the problem.  The audio devices were already selected and working properly for communications.  The issue is the feedback and sound effects.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Thanks Olmba; but I do not think that is the problem.  The audio devices were already selected and working properly for communications.  The issue is the feedback and sound effects.
That's not the point.
Input (your mic), is very different from your output, which the audio settings tab in VAICOM controls.
Sometimes Windows have a fit and changes things in the background without you noticing, nor VAICOM.
I have had to reselect the output various times after Windows did something stupid, I may be hard on Windows now. Especially if my headset for some reason was disconnected etc. Numerous VR users have reported the same through the years.
Change to default on the tab, init, and then change back. Takes you a couple of seconds just to check if this is the error. (Even happend to me several times in DCS if I don't select the default).
Oh, the volume is controlled by the VoiceAttack slider in the Windows volume control panel.
Hope you fix it!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, MAXsenna said:

That's not the point. emoji4.png
Input (your mic), is very different from your output, which the audio settings tab in VAICOM controls.
Sometimes Windows have a fit and changes things in the background without you noticing, nor VAICOM.
I have had to reselect the output various times after Windows did something stupid, I may be hard on Windows now. Especially if my headset for some reason was disconnected etc. Numerous VR users have reported the same through the years.
Change to default on the tab, init, and then change back. Takes you a couple of seconds just to check if this is the error. (Even happend to me several times in DCS if I don't select the default).
Oh, the volume is controlled by the VoiceAttack slider in the Windows volume control panel.
Hope you fix it!
Cheers!

I could see how it might be necessary to reselect the various audio devices to get audio to go through the proper paths. However the radio and voice attack communications are already flowing through the correct audio devices.  In other words.... when I do a VIACOM PRO/voice attack command through my headset mic I can hear the response from the AI in my headset and the command is executed successfully.  So wouldn't that mean that the proper audio devices are already selected? Is there a different setting for audio cues and notifications than audio communications?

On 4/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, MAXsenna said:

That's not the point. emoji4.png
Hope you fix it!
Cheers!

The Init button did it!  I was re-selecting the audio source but not clicking the init button.  I tried also clicking the Init button and it didnt seem to do anything.  I tried it like four or five times and it finally worked.  It's weird how some of this stuff is inconsistent.  

Thanks to Max and Olmba for the help!!!!!

• Like 1

The Init button did it!  I was re-selecting the audio source but not clicking the init button.  I tried also clicking the Init button and it didnt seem to do anything.  I tried it like four or five times and it finally worked.  It's weird how some of this stuff is inconsistent.  
Thanks to Max and Olmba for the help!!!!!
Great!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so clicking Init fixes the issue... but the issue keeps happening requiring me to click Init quite often.  Any ideas as to why I would have to click it so often?