VR Restart?

Panther04X

I have a great computer with a 3070 RTX w/HP Reverb G2.. Internet is Fiber Optic and crazy fast. 

Here’s my problem and my question. When I play on a massive server like Growling Sidewinder, after I crash or whatever and respawn, it’s super choppy and laggy. So much so the only fix is to completely close out of DCS and restart it. I play in VR. My buddy has the same setup as I do with an Oculus VR. He has the same problem. Is this common? Does anyone else ever experience this? Is there any solution? 

please help if you can!! Thanks!

Edited by Panther04X
Added internet info

Welcome to the forum @Panther04X

Better post your issue here:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/483-game-performance-bugs/

Lot's of people there to try and help you out including support from ED.

(the chit chat sub forum is probably not the place where the CM's hang out much)

Make sure to add a track file and your DCS log files when you make your bug report.

oh and also, I'd suggest you to consider choosing a better thread title.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH