MISSILE IN ZONE does not work with AGM 154C jsow Broach

On 4/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, Darkenmass said:

As you can see in the mission attached the trigger doesn't function when AGM154C hits his target.

Broach test.miz 9.3 kB · 1 download

Hi, your issue is that the zones you use for missile detection are structure shaped zones intended for scenery object destruction detection. They are way too small for using with missile detection, because this type of detection is updated every second. If you place bigger round shaped zones it works (just tested), but it doesn't proove that the missile hit the targeted building.

For this purpose you can turn missile detection into scenery object destroyed detection. But hangar needs to be hit by a penetration bomb to be destroyed.

Edited by toutenglisse

17 hours ago, Darkenmass said:

Thank you, 

Fact is that when i do the same with bombs it works, i always use the BOMB IN ZONE with structure shaped zones to trigger fire and smoke and never had an issue....maybe the missle is too fast ?

Yes it can work with bomb for example in case 1) bomb is GPS guided with near vertical path on final, or 2) 2 non GPS guided bombs are dropped, with little gap between them. In these cases the every 1 second check allow to detect the bomb inside tiny zone before impact. (Also if the structure is big it can help much)

But it is not very reliable (a single laser guided bomb is never detected for what I can see on hangar zone).

Missiles, with high speed and near horizontal path, have near zero chance to be detected inside tiny zone.

• Thanks 1