JSOW SMS CNTL page does not open

Mik75
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hi there!

Although the weapon is activted, and shows "RDY" (and can be fired in PRE mode), the CNTL page does not open upon pressing the corresponding OBS, nor can I change the offset (marked with the triangle) on the JSAW weapon page. Why is that, or am I doing something wong?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

Well, I have done all the things you suggest. But still, absolutely nothing happens when I hit the CNTL button (or the button with the triangle). It works with JDAMs, but not with JSOW. 

Edit: OK. my fault, I'm very sorry. The CNTL page isn't implemented yet with JSOW, right? But the button for tandem shots still isn't working for me!? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• Mik75 changed the title to JSOW SMS CNTL page does not open
  • ED Team

attach a short track replay showing the issue, many here willing to give help 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, RuskyV said:

Are the weapons powered on and aligned? When I load up I do this before take off. Not sure if this relates to your issue as I’ve not personally encountered it.

Yes, it shows RDY, and it doesn't matter if I align them on the ramp, or in the air. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

17 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Yes, it shows RDY, and it doesn't matter if I align them on the ramp, or in the air. 

as Bignewy said, providing a track replay will help find and track down the issue. in addition to that, make sure you are not running any mods and see if the issue presists. this way bugs will be found and reported the easiest. i havent had any issues with JSOWS so far but its been a while since i used them last.

• Like 1

The CNTL page isn't functioning, but the double launch parallel or in trail work and 2 weapons are being deployed.

however, during testing, i found some inconsistent behavior with the JSOW. as one can see in the track, sometimes one JSOW of the first pair (very rarely also both weapons) that is being dropped (no matter if in trail or parallel impact selected) will slow down significantly and at times (especially seen in track JSOW4) not even reach the target.

see tracks + tacviews attached.

so in short: deploying the weapon is not the issue, but weapon behavior is not very consistent when using pair releases.

i have not tested single release here, so i don't know if that happens there too at times.

not to speak of the rather underwhelming effect on target upon impact, but that's another issue with cluster bombs that aren't SFWs it seems.

JSOW.trk JSOW2.trk JSOW3.trk JSOW4.trk JSOW4.acmi JSOW3.acmi JSOW2.acmi JSOW.acmi

Edited by _SteelFalcon_

• ED Team

Its possible the CNTL page for JSOW is W.I.P I will try to confirm with the team 

thanks

@_SteelFalcon_is a different issue I would suggest making a new thread in the bugs section. 

thanks

• Like 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

24 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Its possible the CNTL page for JSOW is W.I.P I will try to confirm with the team 

thanks

But the triangle for tandem shots should be operational (and bring up the value for seperation), or has this been removed in a recent update?

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• ED Team

I just spoke with the dev and he said it is W.I.P currently 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I just spoke with the dev and he said it is W.I.P currently 

Ok. I've seen it (tandem shot with seperation) in many tutorial videos on YT.  So obviously it got removed. Thx for confirmation. 

Here is a video, covering this feature, starting at 3:19

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• ED Team
Just now, Mik75 said:

Ok. I've seen it (tandem shot with seperation) in many tutorial videos on YT.  So obviously it got removed. Thx for confirmation. 

can you show me a video, maybe I missed it 

• Like 1

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Just edited my post above and included a video. 

yes CNTL not functional in the video, but the tandem feature is functional 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

yes CNTL not functional in the video, but the tandem feature is functional 

That's it. But as you can see in my attached track file, the tandem key does not work for me. Nothing happens upon depressing it. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• ED Team
7 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

That's it. But as you can see in my attached track file, the tandem key does not work for me. Nothing happens upon depressing it. 

will check again 

• ED Team

Tandem is working for me, tested in the air on a JSOW run 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Tandem is working for me, tested in the air on a JSOW run 

Thx for checking. But it just won't work for me. Have you checked my track? Is there something I'm missing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Thx for checking. But it just won't work for me. Have you checked my track? Is there something I'm missing?

sorry your track did not get into the air, but yes I see now, I wonder if it is due to the unusual loadout, will investigate 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

sorry your track did not get into the air, but yes I see now, I wonder if it is due to the unusual loadout, will investigate 

yes, I know. Didn't have the time to get airborne. But be assured that it's the same behaviour in the air. The payload is 2 JSOWs on a BRU-55 rack. 

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• ED Team
  • Solution

Ok, from the team tandem will only work when the weapons are on two different pylons, not on single pylons. 

So it is working as intended. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Ok, from the team tandem will only work when the weapons are on two different pylons, not on single pylons. 

So it is working as intended. 

Ok, thanks a lot. So its been my fault. Will definitely try it with a different loadout tonight. 

In the video I've linked above, he carried a total of 4 JSOWs on 2 BRU-55 racks, so I came to the conclusion that it would with 2 as well. 

Edited by Mik75
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Ok, thanks a lot. So its been my fault. Will definitely try it with a different loadout tonight. 

let me know how you get on, I think you should be ok. 

thanks

• Like 1