Good News, this prove we may one day get J-10 in DCS.

PLAAF

I just got this news. North Korea is planning to purchase J-10 fighters.

Last year, during the North Korea's defense exhibition last year, they had displayed PL-10 and PL-12 missiles (see pictures below). Now they have expanded their military airbase to fit the requirement for J-10.

As the J-10 is getting exported to more countries, the chance of us getting it in DCS should undoubtably increase. 

Seriously, if north Korea can get it, why shouldn't we get it too. Think about it. Back then, China didn't offer the J-10 for export, that's because they didn't want to share its tech with anyone nor wanting anyone to find out its true capability. That's why Iran never get J-10. Because if you export it to Iran which is one of the biggest target for US spy, its true capability will be find out by US in no time. But now it seems China is no long concert with this issue as they have better fights like J-20 and FC-31, on top of that, J-10 production had been stopped for a while now. Chengdu is now focus all of its production capacity to produce J-20. Now it's Hongdu (same company made Q-5 and L-15) which is make J-10 for export orders and spare parts for PLA. So what's keeping us from get it in DCS? We may get it in a nearer future than we originally thought.

Of course, this is all up to our Deka team.

Dear Deka team, please take some consideration in this and bring our dreams to reality. Thanks very much.

CkDiMBf.png

Oh, by the way, there is also a vide on youtube talking about it. It has English subtitle if you turn it on. However I don't guarantee the quality of the translation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

Well we have to be realistic. I hope we can get it one day but not very hopeful in near future.

Assuming the plan is true and decided by both North Korea and China. North Korea is basically a safe and necessary export customer and the clue has been suggested early before. One more export project may not show actual change of J-10's secrecy status.

North Korea faces very heavy air defence stress but to protect itself NK chooses to put more power on strategic missile instead of air force, partly because it's easier for a nation with too old air force fleet and poor systematic aero industry. Producing missile is difficult, but to build a modern air force and all the industry to support it nearly from the first screw is surely more difficult.

But to China, it could become a weakness if something like B-2 infiltrates and shoots some stand-off weapons to China from North Korea airspace (check the terrain and you will find it not harder than shooting some 802AKG or SLAMERs to the other side of Caucasus).

Of couse NK don't want to see that happens either but they can't prevent it with only fulcrums.

To solve the threat, China could negotiate with North Korea to send its own fighters, SAMs and even radars into North Korea when necessary. However that's obviously not the usual way of China and also hard to accept for NK.

Then the only way is to provide necessary equipment to NK air force. So this export plan is quite important to China. Some trade off on secrecy safety could be accepted, maybe there is also some compromise on price if that's true. 

Cautiously I hope to get it in next ten years, if we still have DCS and Deka then.

Edited by Torbernite

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

58 minutes ago, Torbernite said:

Well we have to be realistic. I hope we can get it one day but not very hopeful in near future.

Assuming the plan is true and decided by both North Korea and China. North Korea is basically a safe and necessary export customer and the clue has been suggested early before. One more export project may not show actual change of J-10's secrecy status.

North Korea faces very heavy air defence stress but to protect itself NK chooses to put more power on strategic missile instead of air force, partly because it's easier for a nation with too old air force fleet and poor systematic aero industry. Producing missile is difficult, but to build a modern air force and all the industry to support it nearly from the first screw is surely more difficult.

But to China, it could become a weakness if something like B-2 infiltrates and shoots some stand-off weapons to China from North Korea airspace (check the terrain and you will find it not harder than shooting some 802AKG or SLAMERs to the other side of Caucasus).

Of couse NK don't want to see that happens either but they can't prevent it with only fulcrums.

To solve the threat, China could negotiate with North Korea to send its own fighters, SAMs and even radars into North Korea when necessary. However that's obviously not the usual way of China and also hard to accept for NK.

Then the only way is to provide necessary equipment to NK air force. So this export plan is quite important to China. Some trade off on secrecy safety could be accepted, maybe there is also some compromise on price if that's true. 

Cautiously I hope to get it in next ten years, if we still have DCS and Deka then.

I know. But still, the more nations get J-10, the better chance we will get.

qLjvyQ3.png

• 4 months later...
On 4/26/2022 at 9:42 PM, PLAAF said:

I just got this news. North Korea is planning to purchase J-10 fighters.

Last year, during the North Korea's defense exhibition last year, they had displayed PL-10 and PL-12 missiles (see pictures below). Now they have expanded their military airbase to fit the requirement for J-10.

As the J-10 is getting exported to more countries, the chance of us getting it in DCS should undoubtably increase. 

Seriously, if north Korea can get it, why shouldn't we get it too. Think about it. Back then, China didn't offer the J-10 for export, that's because they didn't want to share its tech with anyone nor wanting anyone to find out its true capability. That's why Iran never get J-10. Because if you export it to Iran which is one of the biggest target for US spy, its true capability will be find out by US in no time. But now it seems China is no long concert with this issue as they have better fights like J-20 and FC-31, on top of that, J-10 production had been stopped for a while now. Chengdu is now focus all of its production capacity to produce J-20. Now it's Hongdu (same company made Q-5 and L-15) which is make J-10 for export orders and spare parts for PLA. So what's keeping us from get it in DCS? We may get it in a nearer future than we originally thought.

Of course, this is all up to our Deka team.

Dear Deka team, please take some consideration in this and bring our dreams to reality. Thanks very much.

CkDiMBf.png

Oh, by the way, there is also a vide on youtube talking about it. It has English subtitle if you turn it on. However I don't guarantee the quality of the translation.

I believe it's quite possible and perhaps even doable. The 10A is obsolete in terms of China today with its KLJ-3 radar being on par or likely worse than current KJL-7 we have on the JF-17, its engine is a known Russian variant, its cockpit is not far off from the JF-17, I'm excited.

Now even the African nations have decided to purchase J-10CE. If J-10 can be sold to nations which are not exactly allies to China, this means J-10 is no longer the highly kept secret to China as it once were. So who know, maybe one day PLA would be relaxed enough to let us have it in DCS.

Also, Poor North Korea. Now even the African nations can afford to purchase J-10C, and North Korea only have enough money for J-10A.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

qLjvyQ3.png

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, PLAAF said:

Some people had made J-10A module for Microsoft Flight Simulator, so getting enough info to produce a module in DCS may not be that far fetched.

http://www.nzff.org/viewtopic.php?t=14540&p=8283643

https://www.justflight.com/product/j-10-adt-edition

bearj103.jpg

I can’t really speak to how accurate this is. Most military craft in FSX are not to DCS standards. I can only think of a few.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, F-2 said:

I can’t really speak to how accurate this is. Most military craft in FSX are not to DCS standards. I can only think of a few.

I know, that's why I don't fly military plane in FSX. What am I saying is that those modules (one of them is a paid module) were made over 11 years ago. So if they had enough info to make even a FC standard sim for the J-10A, it makes our dream of having a DCS standard J-10 not that far fetched.

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

2 hours ago, supersylph said:

There is only one model of J-10 on FSX, and his avionics are applied to F18 in FSX

That's OK. Like I said, those module were made over 11 years ago. Back then, all planes in FC very much shared the same avionics.

qLjvyQ3.png

1 hour ago, F-2 said:

I will say batch 1 aircraft seem very similar to the Lavi’s avionics while later aircraft are very similar to old Jeffry  

Haha, What he meant was that the Microsoft FS J-10 wasn't accurately modelled, it used parts of F-18's avionic codes. From your picture, J-10 and Lavi have similar looking cockpit, not avionics. Seeing the symbols and displays in the J-10's MFD, they still looks the ones we have in JF-17. To model them accurately, we need details. I was hoping that after so long, J-10 would be de-classified enough for us to have a DCS standard module.

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's possible that while NK are making the airbase compatible with the aircraft, that it could be all Chinese aircrew and ground staff/maintenance.

NK gain by having Chinese protection. China gains by denying USA to NK airspace, and no secrets are lost. NK could claim they are operating them; I doubt China would care.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I mean we have a pretty decent J-10A mod in DCS. And I think thats about as far as its gonna go anytime soon IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

8 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

I mean we have a pretty decent J-10A mod in DCS. And I think thats about as far as its gonna go anytime soon IMO.

Wouldn’t really mind that, the Radar on the JF-17 is the same as the J-10a but with a smaller antenna, they have the same ECM pods and similar avonics. I just wish there was a way to make a J-10 EFM to go with it. The AL-31F is well known and a CFD study like the Su-57 mod is doable, so close…

• ED Team

A reminder to all, please do not post from real world manuals on our forum without the source saying it is publicly distributable 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

A reminder to all, please do not post from real world manuals on our forum without the source saying it is publicly distributable 

thank you

Wait??? Did anyone post a manual???!!  
How did I miss this??!! Whoever did this, can you please PM me? Thanks

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

• ED Team

no, it was a diagram but without the source linked saying it is public we will not allow it 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

no, it was a diagram but without the source linked saying it is public we will not allow it 

thanks

You mean that black and white partial picture of a J-10A cockpit? That's no secret. It had been posted nearly 2 decades ago.  I had the full picture. But it is saved in one of those USB disk which I don't know which box did I put in during the moving of my house 5 years ago.

So, just relax. Nobody is doing illegal thing here.

qLjvyQ3.png