Good News, this prove we may one day get J-10 in DCS.

PLAAF

51 minutes ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Nice propaganda

Are you sure it is just a propaganda? Or maybe it is just you can't believe anything that is against your expectations.

Secondly, "propaganda", by its English definition, is a lie given by authorities. How do you know it is a lie? And which part of that is a lie? Do you have the detailed files on PL-15? If you do, please share it with everyone here. All of us including me will appreciate your contribution if you do.

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• ED Team

folks if you are going to turn this political I will hand out warnings. 

please keep it DCS related

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, PLAAF said:

Are you sure it is just a propaganda?

First video where they compare the Canard/Wing area ratio, they claimed the J-10 to perform best at landing and takeoff in comparison to any other EuroCanard. There is not a single video where the J-10 shows this ability but meanwhile there are so many videos of the Gripen performing on streets that they say the Gripen loves roads more than being in the air. Also they said that only the J-10 canards can balance the aircraft on takeoff/landing due to its size which is incorrect as well. You can see in the video below the Eurofighter using its canards actively on the runway too to balance it.

To the second video, they say the Meteor has on the first 30Km no attack capability because it need to accelerate first which is not reasonable to me.

1. Ramjets dont need super sonic speeds to function
2. Rafale/Eurofighter/Gripen can fly supersonic
3. Meteor has a 2-5 second boost stage to accelerate it beyond mach 1 in no time even when launched at slow speeds

They also claimed its INS guidance is impossible with the Meteor because the engine intakes cause too much drag and so it will lose it attack capabilities due to rapid speed changes when the engine shut off. Its not like those issues have been solved since the 60's when they launched tons of rockets into space with much older INS generations that had to suffer greater rapid speed changes every time the rocket separated a stage and ignited the next one. Also there are tons of other ramjet missiles with INS guidance especially in the former soviet union with like the KH-31 missile.

They claimed the INS in the PL-15 works very well despite explaining that the PL-15 can reach mach 3 immediately, glide to the target and firing the stage a second time to reach mach  3 again as well. Tell me now which missile has greater rapid speed changes.  A missile that can only control its pollution by firing its rocket stages or a smooth throttleable ramjet engine.

From my point of view, the narrator doesn't really know what he is talking about and just try to sell the aircraft as the best one.

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 5

My skins

1 hour ago, Mike_Romeo said:

3. Meteor has a 2-5 second boost stage to accelerate it beyond mach 1 in no time even when launched at slow speeds

They also claimed its INS guidance is impossible with the Meteor because the engine intakes cause too much drag and so it will lose it attack capabilities due to rapid speed changes when the engine shut off. Its not like those issues have been solved since the 60's when they launched tons of rockets into space with much older INS generations that had to suffer greater rapid speed changes every time the rocket separated a stage and ignited the next one. Also there are tons of other ramjet missiles with INS guidance especially in the former soviet union with like the KH-31 missile.

They claimed the INS in the PL-15 works very well despite explaining that the PL-15 can reach mach 3 immediately, glide to the target and firing the stage a second time to reach mach  3 again as well. Tell me now which missile has greater rapid speed changes.  A missile that can only control its pollution by firing its rocket stages or a smooth throttleable ramjet engine.

From my point of view, the narrator doesn't really know what he is talking about and just try to sell the aircraft as the best one.

OK, I just watched the last video. I will watch the previous 2 later when I get more time.

But from what I have seen, that guy didn't say that "ramjet needs supersonic speed to function. He only mentioned that ramjet missiles have 2 disadvantages.

1: the speed is low at the first 30km which makes them easier to dodge. But for PL-15, its initial speed makes that range an "unescapable zoom". 

The guy didn't claim that the meteor "won't work". That wasn't in the Chinese subtitles which corresponded with his lip movements, only in the English dub. In Chinese subtitles, the commentator only stated that "ramjet intake causes high drag". So that's the poor choice of words on the English dub.

2: ramjets missiles INS guidance won't work because they cause too much drag and after it consumes all of its fuel, it loses its ability to attack.

I agree, what he said here was an exaggeration. The missile shouldn't "lose its ability to attack". It just loses its killing efficiency more rapidly.

But please remember, he is not an authority but a commentator in a TV program for causal military lovers. You are not a causal military lover. You play DCS, that makes you a semi-export. So please don't get worked up when people tell you that electrons orbit the nucleus, instead of telling you that electrons appear randomly in the nucleus's energy zoom and that the same electron can occupy multiple different locations of space at any given point in time.

• Like 3

qLjvyQ3.png

4 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

First video where they compare the Canard/Wing area ratio, they claimed the J-10 to perform best at landing and takeoff in comparison to any other EuroCanard. There is not a single video where the J-10 shows this ability but meanwhile there are so many videos of the Gripen performing on streets that they say the Gripen loves roads more than being in the air. Also they said that only the J-10 canards can balance the aircraft on takeoff/landing due to its size which is incorrect as well. You can see in the video below the Eurofighter using its canards actively on the runway too to balance it.

To the second video, they say the Meteor has on the first 30Km no attack capability because it need to accelerate first which is not reasonable to me.

Posted these bits to glean any bits of info on the J-10 rather than a study on accuracy, perhaps I should have said it, intended to inspire discussion and glad it's happening though 😂

Like PLAAF said, subtitles are imperfect so some of things he says sound silly, and some is just wrong.

Edited by FlankerFan35
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

The opposite is the case. As faster a missile as more G it has to pull and as bigger its turn circles.

Not necessarily, missiles have small control surfaces, which means they need the speed to have enough air moving over them to be able to be able to pull Gs at all. Modern missiles are rated for very high G loads, but they also come with very small control surfaces to reduce drag, so they will be limited by their control surface authority more often than by G. Hence, they'll turn better the faster they go. That said, Meteor should not have major problems with that unless you try to use it in a dogfight (that's what Sidewinders are for).

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 11:41 PM, Mike_Romeo said:

The opposite is the case. As faster a missile as more G it has to pull and as bigger its turn circles.

True to some extent. However, the issue is that we don't know the maximum G limit of the PL-15. Let's use the AIM-120 in DCS as an example. When an AIM-120 still has its 2+ Mach speed, it is very hard to dodge. But if its speed is below  1.2 Mach, you will have a good chance to dodge if you have a speed of over 800km/h. And you will have little chance to avoid the missile when flying at a lower speed even when you are at your corner speed, which is usually around 500km/h.  Given the fact that PL-15 is a next-generation missile. Its G limit would be more than that of an AIM-120. Basically what I am trying to say is, that once the maximum G limit reaches a certain height (which every modern missile has nowadays), the faster the missile, the better chance it has to kill its target.

Edited by PLAAF

qLjvyQ3.png

On 11/23/2022 at 7:29 PM, Vashka said:

@PLAAF

Do you know what china's plan is with the j-10 and su mkk long term? Are they going to stay in service once j-20 numbers start to creep? Or are these kind of already going out the door?

It's unclear what China's long-term plans are for the J-10 and Su MKK once the J-20 numbers increase. They may continue in service or gradually phase out as newer aircraft become predominant.

On 2/18/2024 at 10:55 PM, Preethi said:

It's unclear what China's long-term plans are for the J-10 and Su MKK once the J-20 numbers increase. They may continue in service or gradually phase out as newer aircraft become predominant.

MKK will be replaced by J-16, J-10Cs will stay for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...