How to dogfight against the 15 Bis?

Stratos

After many hours fighting the Ai MiG-15 in the Sabre, I can say that knife fight, dash and reverse, style fights are the way to go. Even in the Sabre, you want to be more the 2 miles from the Mig before you try and reverse turn and remerge with him. That's how long it can take to turn around. keep your speed up and energy fight as usual. If you scissor and slow and force him to overtake, he will just stand on his tail and climb away from you. Firing early in a head on merge from 1 mile plus usually wounds him enough to close in. Also, a separation more like 4 to 5 miles is good to turn and remerge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 2:41 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

I don't fly MP, connection's not good enough for that. Also, all the tactics you mention are something you do before you merge. Once engaged in BFM, it's rather hard to maintain any sort of coordination. Sure, you can score an advantage if the bandits don't know what they're doing, but all the tactics you mentioned have counters. The side with numerical superiority will always have more options, but in an engagement with equal numbers, you can expect the net result to be largely neutral unless one side screws it up.

I'd like you to show me how you make sandwich before engagement.
There are couple way to cooperate in dogfight. There are a certain rules for it - it helps a little. Having a "Game plan" certainly helps. Defining Hot-cold directions before T/O, short and precise communication, mostly - it's a lot of flight hours spent online - not offline with your squad mates. 

Edited by 303_Kermit