Ai Wingman Commands Like the A-10C For All Modules

FlankerKiller

As the title says. The Ai commands for the Hawg are really great. I actually feel like a flight lead. I can to some degree keep the wingmen out of danger. I can choose the weapon, and I can pick very specific targets. So Egale Dynamics, what gives? Clearly the code can handle it. Why is this 2011 module so much better in the regard of Ai commands then any new one. The Apache, and Hind at least need this exact set of commands. Why??????????????? This is the kind of thing that makes me so critical of you. I can't understand the discrepancy between the Hawg and littaraly every other module. So pleas find a way to get that kind of control into all the modules. And if you could please add some new interactions. Like calling for the flight members fuel state, or remaining weapons, maybe add "From The Hover" to the attack with menus for helicopters. A "Sort left", "Sort Right", "Sort High", "Sort Low" Command would be awesome for fighters, pleas. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kang said:

You really got me caught there. I honestly never believed those 'extra options' for the Warthog actually worked.

I'm not sure they did. But they do now. Tested over the last two days. Full profile from chocks to chocks. Took him out, and brought him back. If you use Viocom they can all to the Attack Armor, utility, artillery thing. You can actually edit the Com file and make it work yourself. But the A-10 I can tell him to attack armor with guided bombs from the south and he will do it. Same with all weapons options. It really really makes being a flight lead a thing. 

P.S. make sure to set your SPI before issuing commands. How that didn't get rolled into the Apache on release baffles me. They did say that they are working on new commands. So maybe. The choppers especially need it. But really all the Jets do. 

Edited by FlankerKiller

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, MAXsenna said:

I guess you mean VAICOM? 

The Shark also has some special commands. 

My guess is that they intended to build on the commands from these two modules, but then it got lost on the way. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

No, even in VAICOM the A-10 has more commands. You can tell your wingmen what to attack, with what weapon, and vary importantly from what direction. And now it all works. I cannot understand why this is not a standard feature of all modules. 

On 5/13/2022 at 4:41 AM, FlankerKiller said:

No, even in VAICOM the A-10 has more commands. You can tell your wingmen what to attack, with what weapon, and vary importantly from what direction. And now it all works. I cannot understand why this is not a standard feature of all modules. 

Yeah, exactly what I wrote. I do not understand why not more modules have these commands. 

And the Shark do have commands the A-10 don't.

It seems they had plans for multiple commands for  multiple modules, or just the same for all of them. But somehow they didn't implement them. Who knows what happened. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Cheers! 

Yes, more module specific commands are really needed.

I‘d love to get some specific helo commands.

For example a hover command for AI wingman would be great.

I‘d like to command them to hold a specific position in a hover while preparing attack.

with the actual hold position command the helo can‘t do this. He is circling around and is a nice target for the enemy.

I believe this would offer a significant benefit for tactical planning attack phases in the mission.

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - CH-47F - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1