Trying to connect the individuals that made the performance enhancement in VR to the DCS Devs.

hannibal

theres a guy in the discord forms, the varjo forums more specifically.. (probably a few others)

he is one of the guys responsible for the openXR tool kit mod that has made a better experience for the DCS VR users.

they have done wonders for MSFS 2020 application, they claim they can do some more for DCS..

would be great if all of you can connect.. mbucchia#9595 is one of the gentlemen with the skill..

i know them in this discord.  https://discord.gg/efpUun9C

im trying to see if they can go to the DCS forums.

anyway i can have you guys to connect to at least hear each other out?

@NineLine @Flappie @PilotMi8 @Wags

test111.jpg

test111.jpg

Edited by hannibal
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

This is for foveated rendering (using eyes tracking). His teams needs to be able to know which eyes is rendered at a given time.

For the record fixed fowarded rendering (or foveated rendering) make me gain about 10-20% FPS in DCS in VR which is a huge boost (sadly it's broken because OpenXR Tooling can't detect the eyes pattern). It would make us wait a bit longer before the revamp of the engine to allow better FPS in VR.

So please, for a 30mins code base, it's worth it.

Bellow a better quality capture.

image.png

Edited by mastah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mbucchia said:

I'm here.

appreciate your efforts buddy, thanks for joining this forum!

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Oh, would be great to have it. It feels like - in VR domain (especially with regards to recent OXR developments) - DCS is getting further and further behind. And - at the same time - is one of the most fitting games for VR.

Edited by elewarr

3 minutes ago, elewarr said:

Oh, would be great to have it. It feels like - in VR domain (especially with regards to recent OXR developments) - DCS is getting further and further behind. And - at the same time - is one of the most fitting games for VR.

The absolute best thing ED could do at this time would be to add native OpenXR support for DCS. It would make things a lot better for a lot of folks in VR. Especially with all the additional tweaks now available with the Open XR Toolkit program. Throw in also TAA as an anti aliasing option and it would be so nice. Don't know how much resources would be involved in that but it would really help a lot of folks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It does run smoother for me for sure.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

From a practical standpoint, even fixed foveated rendering is a big performance improvement. 

What I've found is I'm only generally using the periphery for object tracking, not fine detail, so it does not need to be at near the same resolution as the center 30 degrees or so does. 

The things that really require high resolution, like visual ID, VFR navigation, and reading labels, I'm generally looking directly at it, as close to center as I can be. 

15 hours ago, Voyager said:

From a practical standpoint, even fixed foveated rendering is a big performance improvement. 

What I've found is I'm only generally using the periphery for object tracking, not fine detail, so it does not need to be at near the same resolution as the center 30 degrees or so does. 

The things that really require high resolution, like visual ID, VFR navigation, and reading labels, I'm generally looking directly at it, as close to center as I can be. 

I agree; sadly, at today i think isn't available for AMD video cards.

Is this correct?

• 4 weeks later...

His toolkit is already working in DCS along with Open XR. Not sure what the need would be there now for this request. Unless it is more for ED to add native Open XR support for DCS which the Toolkit Dev would have nothing to do with.

Now if it is related to eye tracking along with foveated rendering and getting that to work with headsets like the Aero, then yes I can see that.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It has a lot to do with ED and the Toolkit dev...  Namely to share ideas and stumbling blocks to save ED some time if they choose to give us a checkbox.

Why are you seemingly so against OXR dburne?  Seems an odd thing to constantly decide to be negative about.  It's helped a lot of people get DCS working in a much better and more usable way.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

10 hours ago, M1Combat said:

It has a lot to do with ED and the Toolkit dev...  Namely to share ideas and stumbling blocks to save ED some time if they choose to give us a checkbox.

Why are you seemingly so against OXR dburne?  Seems an odd thing to constantly decide to be negative about.  It's helped a lot of people get DCS working in a much better and more usable way.

I am not against OXR at all, in fact I am now using it with my Aero and DCS along with the Toolkit. Love it.

ED needs to take a seriously look at natively supporting Open XR for DCS. The Open XR Mod along with the Open XR Toolkit are already working with DCS now. Which is what I was stating above.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 2

Don B

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all, 

please understand the team is very busy currently so we cannot make any promises, Flappie has made a request but he can not give any details about acceptance or progress on the request. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2