Trying to connect the individuals that made the performance enhancement in VR to the DCS Devs.

hannibal

i hope this is not dead in water.. the opencomposite and openXR tool kit has given alot of virtual reality users life and joy in to descent performance in DCS..

if DCS can make it more friendly to incorporate performance gains, please OPEN THE FLOOD GATES! LOL

• Like 2

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

1 minute ago, mbucchia said:

I think we've already missed the train here (This request was made 5 months ago). The next version of OpenXR Toolkit will be the last to include new features, so unless this change happens in the game _now_, then it will be too late.

Just out of curiosity why?  I may be mistaken but I was thinking this thread was about native Open XR support for DCS. You support Reverb G2 and it does not have native Open XR support either? Again I am pretty sure I must be mistaken and am asking this more out of curiosity than anything I guess.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

3 hours ago, mbucchia said:

This thread is about OpenXR Toolkit needing a hint from the game in order to implement eye-tracked foveated rendering for Aero/Omnicept. The details are in the 1st post.

Well my apologies kind sir. I apparently read it somewhat incorrectly.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 weeks later...

Don't have that headset so it doesn't affect me, but I am using G2 with OpenXR. Using a combination of FFR and FSR have changed this game for me. I'm getting 40-60 fps with high/ultra settings on a 3090 in VR now. This was impossible before OpenXR for me. To be clear, it wasn't even close.

I just want to throw a huge thanks to @mbucchia for his efforts. Much appreciated. 

Edited by trevoC
  • Like 3

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

Any chance we can get this, apparently simple change into DCS? It appears it will likely give a nice boost to performance (it certainly did in the "other" sim).

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, hannibal said:

@BIGNEWY

I think dcs VR are missing out on better opexr toolkit integration..

We have our hand full at the moment with multi threading integration, the team want to get our current core work completed. We have made a request, but can make no promises at the moment. 

thanks

• Like 10

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

We have our hand full at the moment with multi threading integration, the team want to get our current core work completed. We have made a request, but can make no promises at the moment. 

thanks

Owe wow..yea multi threading is a big ticket item.

Thank you.. much appreciated

• Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

It would be such a great short-term improvement for at least some users. From what I understood this should be able to be implemented with very little effort. I hope the team will find this time to get it implemented before the long-term improvement "multi-threading" will give performance gains for all users, hopefully. It would be a great showcase for modern VR tech in the most advanced mil-sim on the market.

• Like 2

It very much depends on the usage of DCS. In VR you are indeed limited by GPU most of the time (that is with 3090 and Varjo in 37 PPD mode). But on multiplayer servers and enviroments with many AI units you are quickly CPU limited again. Sometimes really badly CPU limited with many units in the area

DCS and Multicore support / maybe Vulkan , is very very overdue. ED should really concentrate his  recources of this point... With all the new planes and Maps who are in pipline.... a Engine tuning is very usesfull and bring the sim in 2023. VR tunning is also mandatory... DCS in VR is breathtaking.......

have a 11900 CPU @5ghz and a 3090 . ad a 8kx.....

Greets my two cents.....

Edited by grasnabe

3 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Not really sure what multithreading will give you all, since most of you seem to be GPU-limited

I think it's moreso that a new modern engine will not only be able to leverage more CPU cores (to allow the simulation to do more work before saturating the CPU) but alleviate the DX11 draw call limitation which is what I understand to be the major GPU bottleneck of the current engine.

• Like 2

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

14 hours ago, mbucchia said:

Yes this makes little sense to me given how small and easy the ask is... it would take no longer than a lunch break to make this happen.

Eh, that's corporate task scheduling for you 😉

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Holy cow.

Lets be happy that ED are working on Vulkan and that OXR is SUPER SIMPLE to implement in it's current state.  Today.  With no changes to DCS aside from what they ALREADY DID for us in removing their D3D file and stopping OXR from being a dork to install.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

50 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

Holy cow.

Lets be happy that ED are working on Vulkan and that OXR is SUPER SIMPLE to implement in it's current state.  Today.  With no changes to DCS aside from what they ALREADY DID for us in removing their D3D file and stopping OXR from being a dork to install.

As mentioned before, this thread is not about OpenXR support. You miss the point entirely.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2