X52 Pro oddities

eifionglyn

Just upgraded from the Logitech extreme 3D to the X52 Pro.

A couple of observations / questions.

The slider jitters. Fine, I was expecting that. I use the Logitech profiler software to set the slider as 3 bands rather than an axis, and assign the zoom in / zoom out view keys to the top and bottom band, and nothing for the middle. Works great.

But, now that I have a profile running in the profiler software, DCS doesn't see the pinkie button as button 6 anymore. The profiler seems to take over and now it can only work as a 'shift' modifier button. It's a shame, as I fly gliders in RL, many of which have a stick trim, so grabbing the pinkie switch, moving the stick then releasing is already in my muscle memory.

Secondly, if I plug in the joystick, fire up DCS and try to take off I find the joystick axes are crazily sensitive and the poor Ka50 gets slammed into the ground till it's a smoking heap of metal. But wipe the controls (i.e. move them fully stop to stop in each direction) it's like DCS (or windows? - no way of telling) now has a mapping of the entire range of motion, and I can fly properly. Didn't notice the need to do this with the Extreme 3D.

I'm still in the return window for the X52, and am debating whether it is enough of an upgrade to justify the cost, or return and put the money towards something better.

25 minutes ago, eifionglyn said:

Just upgraded from the Logitech extreme 3D to the X52 Pro.

A couple of observations / questions.

The slider jitters. Fine, I was expecting that. I use the Logitech profiler software to set the slider as 3 bands rather than an axis, and assign the zoom in / zoom out view keys to the top and bottom band, and nothing for the middle. Works great.

But, now that I have a profile running in the profiler software, DCS doesn't see the pinkie button as button 6 anymore. The profiler seems to take over and now it can only work as a 'shift' modifier button. It's a shame, as I fly gliders in RL, many of which have a stick trim, so grabbing the pinkie switch, moving the stick then releasing is already in my muscle memory.

Secondly, if I plug in the joystick, fire up DCS and try to take off I find the joystick axes are crazily sensitive and the poor Ka50 gets slammed into the ground till it's a smoking heap of metal. But wipe the controls (i.e. move them fully stop to stop in each direction) it's like DCS (or windows? - no way of telling) now has a mapping of the entire range of motion, and I can fly properly. Didn't notice the need to do this with the Extreme 3D.

I'm still in the return window for the X52, and am debating whether it is enough of an upgrade to justify the cost, or return and put the money towards something better.

You need to click "Views" in profiler to change the view to below.  And either delete the additional Modes with Pinkie button or click on the Pinkie and assign something else.  Then you can use Pinkie as normal button.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 122227.jpg

By default, it gives you 6 additional modes.  I suggest delete all other modes you don't use by clicking the X.  Like below is mine.  And I use pinkie, clutch, and all 3 mode button as normal button.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 122304.jpg

And no idea about your second issue.  Doesn't happen to me.  There is Saitek clear calibration method you can try.

Recalibrate the X-52 Pro Flight System axes: RegEdit – Logitech Support + Download

Edited by Taz1004
  • Thanks 1