Mission profiles question

AstroEma

Hello! 

I have reached a point where I would really like to understand how different missions would be run in real life, and what would the profiles be. 

ex: Operation Weakest Link (from the user files).  You have to destroy 3 tanks but the village has 3 SAM sites and you have 4 GBU12 and 14 Hydra Laser Guided Rockets. What would the mission profile look like? Anchor at 15000 and just use the GBUs of the SAMS or is there a different profiles that can be used or should be used?

I am just looking at some real life experience feedback 🙂 

Thanks! 

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

a real mission profile would have multiple support flights.  Multiple main package groups, SEAD, DEAD, EW, CAP, JTAC, JSTARS ground mapping, satellite intelligence, army types to clean up afterwards, etc..

The military would NEVER send a pilot in cowboy-style.  Haven't played the mission, but my guess to your best bet is to use terrain to your advantage.  Lock up the emitter(s) with a TPOD, go nap-of-earth and slowly notch toward the SAM until you're in GBU/rocket range.  Although the rockets might not work against the AA.  They're for soft targets.

Now, if they have SHORAD as well as those SAMs, forget it -- you're a grape.  

• Like 2

On 5/5/2022 at 10:17 AM, dmatsch said:

a real mission profile would have multiple support flights.  Multiple main package groups, SEAD, DEAD, EW, CAP, JTAC, JSTARS ground mapping, satellite intelligence, army types to clean up afterwards, etc..

Forgot to mention the chow hall for pancakes afterwards.

• Like 1

Don’t know the mission but, assuming that medium and long range SAMs aren’t being used to protect 3 tanks, just stay above their max altitude—or at least don’t penetrate deep into their launch zone.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 5/10/2022 at 8:51 AM, Ironhand said:

Don’t know the mission but, assuming that medium and long range SAMs aren’t being used to protect 3 tanks, just stay above their max altitude—or at least don’t penetrate deep into their launch zone.

i would say they are seriously important tanks if so. it may be the tanks protecting the SAMs too i suppose. agreed that the A10 would not be engaging SAMs alone.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain