Setting Rudder on Apache

pmaura

46 minutes ago, pmaura said:

I am trying to set one of the hats on my Gunfighter 3 Spacecombat stick to work as the rudder on the apache but dcs refuses to allow the left hat to do it. Any suggestions?

Are you sure you are not in the axis settings? Hat would require the buttons settings.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

In the drop down box in DCS it should say All but Axis, which is the button assignments. Find rudder, and you should see rudder left and rudder right. This is where you can assign a button to each.  In Axis commands you will see only one rudder listing for the rudder axis. Below is an image of the button assignments screen where  you will see rudder left and rudder right. Note I don't have any assignments there as I have mine assigned in the axis settings.

DCS Rudder Button.jpg

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, pmaura said:

thanks didnt see that as an option, not sure why my pov switch wouldnt work as it feels like a mini joystick already

Probably because game is seeing it as a POV Hat rather than buttons. You can check on VKB forums for how to add buttons to the POV hat.

Don B