Introduce two new bindings for 3-position switches: UP and DOWN

Tuuvas

To help those with fewer available buttons to bind on their devices, it would be good to introduce alternative directional bindings for 3-position switches (or really, any multi-position switch/knob/etc)

unknown.png

An example in the above screenshot would be:

• RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - A (Automatic)
  • RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - M (Manual)
  • RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - O (Off)

By having only these 3 bindings, we would need to have bound 3 separate buttons on our devices in order to use each of these actions.  We could save a button by having two directional bindings instead:

• RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - Up
  • RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - Down

This would be similar to the 3-position FLAP Switch on the F/A-18C:

image.png

Edited by Tuuvas
  • Like 1

Below is an alternative solution which might be even better:

• RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - A (Automatic)/Off (Toggle)
  • RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - M (Manual)/Off (Toggle)

With the above, the player can bind only a single device button to handle an ON and OFF state of some kind.  For example, if the player decides they'll only ever really use Automatic Laser Tracking, they can bind "RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - A (Automatic)/Off" to do the following:

1. Manually slew TADS to general target area
  2. Press "RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - A (Automatic)/Off" to turn on laser tracking
  3. Acquire the laser spot
  4. Press "RHG Laser Tracker Mode (LT) Switch - A (Automatic)/Off" again to turn off laser tracking

In the above example only a single button would be used to switch between Laser Tracking Automatic and Laser Tracking Off

Edited by Tuuvas
  • Like 1

I, too, enjoy options so that people with all types of controllers or controlling methods, such as VoiceAttack, all have the ability use the bids that did them best.

Something that I did for the UH-60L binds, for example was to include all ofthe following for a command:

Toggle - one button for on and off depending on the current state

Discrete On/Off - one button for on, a different for off

increase/decrease - one button flips the switch positively through its range, a different button flips the switch negatively through the range

cycle - one buttons flips the switch positively through the range until the end of the range. When the button is then pressed again the switch cycles back to the beginning of the range. 

For a few of these, two way switches result in the same types of actions. The above options really benefit with three way switches. Buttons that modulelate what would be an in game Axis also apply, such as the Primary Lights Knob in the Apache. 

• Like 2

Hi,

During dawn and dusk I find myself switching the NVS Mode between NORM and OFF very often. Having to look down to locate the switch is troublesome. I'd like to be able to utilise the 3-way switch on my HOTAS Warthog throttle for this purpose (LASTE Panel: AUTOPILOT PATH / ALT/HDG / ALT). The following settings would be required:

- NVS MODE OFF, otherwise NORM

- NVS MODE FIXED, otherwise NORM

I know that such request would not be "high priority" but adding this functionality would help during low level flying when you simply cannot look down.

Thanks!

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you go into your install folder.    "DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/AH-64D/input/ AH-64D_PTL/joystick.      and add these lines of code in the default.lua file you will have the option to assinge your NVS mode switches to the 3 position switch .    This code is entered in line 502 to 508  (i use notepad++ for editing)

{    down = electric_commands.NVS_MODE_KNOB_EXT,    up = electric_commands.NVS_MODE_KNOB_EXT,                                cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE,        value_down = -1.0,    value_up = 0.0,                name = _('PLT NVS MODE Switch - OFF/NORM'),                category = {_('Left Console'), _('NVS Mode Panel')}},

{    down = electric_commands.NVS_MODE_KNOB_EXT,    up = electric_commands.NVS_MODE_KNOB_EXT,                                                    cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE,        value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,                name = _('PLT NVS MODE Switch - FIXED/NORM'),            category = {_('Left Console'), _('NVS Mode Panel')}},

Defultlua file.jpg

Edited by JesseJames38
  • Like 1