Option for Static Apache in ME without FCR

Andartu

Pretty much what the title says. Placing like 8 static Apache's in ME and all of them have the FCR is quite unrealistic. An option in the ME to get rid of the FCR would be nice.

Wasn't sure if this fits more in the ME section or not. If so then sorry.

Thanks.

• Like 1

This can be worked around by placing non-static Apache AI units and setting them to:

1. Takeoff from ground
  2. FCR/RFI removed
  3. UNCONTROLLED

image.png

image.png

That said, this is just a workaround as there are places you can stick static objects that you cannot put actual units in.  For instance, it won't be as easy to place Apaches on... say a ship using this workaround.

Edited by Tuuvas

Thanks.

But yeah while this is a possibility, placing actual units even uncontrolled with no trigger and so not acting uses more workload. I run huge and very heavy missions. Placing statics wherever possible instead of units is a plus though. For Players as well as the server.

Kinda. Statics are just the plain model without detection and engagement ranges, no disperse function, no running motors etc. so yes without AI.

But exactly this makes them much more (with AI) or less (just static) demanding in the mission. I noticed a huge difference. Sitting ducks on ramps or ground, blocked by a trigger or just zero fuel but still by purpose like to act are just more stuff to compute.

So when you have a mission with about 1500 units and several fully fleshed out Airfields, Bases, FOB's and FARP's, 150 flags and an endless amount of trigger zones you look for everything to make a heavy mission at least a bit lighter. And for the cosmetics, just to make things look alive and not plain empty like vanilla DCS is, statics are needed.

And options are always good, you never can have enough.

42 minutes ago, dmatt76 said:

You have previous AI model of the Apache with FCR and without. Work well as just a static.

But not with the livery that fits the actual client Apache's. Also it is an A model.

I know most people don't care about detail, but I do.

Anyways I just ask for an option here within the Wishlist section.