Wish List - Play Sound File At Location

Dangerzone

Hi,

One for consideration is the option to play a sound file at a location (as opposed to a particular unit/group) and use the functionality as current ambient sounds.

At the moment I can place myself anywhere on a map and hear ambient sounds (helicopters flying past, jets, missiles, etc). These sounds are played, and volume is calculated on the position of the observer from the source (as well as a delay for the sound to travel such as explosions).

If it's not too difficult can we please have a option in the mission editor that would allow us to play our own .ogg files at a particular location as well with the same results. 

This could be handy for things such as implementing a 1MC announcement on an aircraft carrier, sounding an air raid siren in a town with a FARP, etc. to create more immersion for missions. (Such as cold start units that may be in the area, combined arms units, external observers, etc).  To hear the sound loud, but then quietened (but still coming through) when the doors are closed, etc would be immersive. 

(I'm aware that I can assign a sound file to play for individual units, but this just plays the sound file - it doesn't take into account doors open, closed, location of the unit from the sound source, etc like all the other ambient sounds currently do). 

I don't know if this has much merit, or whether it's a simple thing to do (if there's already functionality for ambient sounds that this can be hooked into), so just throwing it out there. Apologies if this already exists and I've missed it.

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 2

• ED Team

I think this is a great idea! Thanks

There are some mods, that you can use to do it. For example this one https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302814/

But yes, it will be better to do it as default mission editor feature.

I reported it as the request for a new feature

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

44 minutes ago, btd said:

I think this is a great idea! Thanks

There are some mods, that you can use to do it. For example this one https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302814/

But yes, it will be better to do it as default mission editor feature.

I reported it as the request for a new feature

Thanks btd, I appreciate that!

You can blame your latest supercarrier video for the idea - when I heard the 1MC in that video it gave me all sorts of ideas. 😉

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...