Suggestion for improvement Super Carrier

Simflyer_1966

Hello,
I would still have a very important function that is missing from the supercarrier:

When you are on the catapult there is no way to cancel the launch.

For example, if you notice that something is wrong, it would be very nice if you could abort the launch on the catapult and roll back for a repair.

greeting
Michael

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 7:13 AM, Simflyer_1966 said:

Hello,
I would still have a very important function that is missing from the supercarrier:

When you are on the catapult there is no way to cancel the launch.

For example, if you notice that something is wrong, it would be very nice if you could abort the launch on the catapult and roll back for a repair.

greeting
Michael

It seems crazy that we cannot do this!

• 3 weeks later...

Simflyer_1966:   --> +1

And what about the sound of the catapult shuttle stopin' into the water brake terminal? Would be great to have all those aural effects of the launch!!!! 

Maybe they already started this improvement and I just missed that, sorry in case...

Plus: no effect of the head fwd bending after leaving the deck??

• Like 1

MIGNUS

Setup: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming plus, Intel i7 8700k, Ram 2x16Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport CL15 DDR4 3000MhZ, GTX 1070ti, 500Gb SDD, 1Tb HDD, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthog, TM Hornet Grip, TM Rudder pedals, 2x TM MFDs, 44” Tv, Home SIMPIT F/a-18c 1:1 scale Fully functional Main Instruments Panel

• 2 months later...

Any news if or when ED/HB plans on integrating the F-14's landing speeds with the LSO and plat cam info so he can stop saying were slow and wave us off (maybe it's just me)? This would also be helpful when the F-4, A-6, and possible the a-8 are released. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 4:37 AM, marc_cain said:

Any news if or when ED/HB plans on integrating the F-14's landing speeds with the LSO and plat cam info so he can stop saying were slow and wave us off (maybe it's just me)? This would also be helpful when the F-4, A-6, and possible the a-8 are released. 

Landing speed is one thing, On speed is another thing. On carrier landings you won´t guide using airspeed. You must be On Speed regardless the airspeed you´re at the groove.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.