Air-to-Ground SPI logic principals and priority sensors

uboats

Below SPI logic will be in upcoming OB update

Air-to-Ground SPI logic principals and priority sensors:

• 1. Only one sensor can set SPI at the same time. For weapon TVIR (701) and onboard sensors (RDR, POD, HUD), the most recent one that enters tracking state is able to set SPI, and at the same time break lock of other sensors. If slave (SLV) mode is set in those sensors, then they will automatically slave to SPI. If snowplow (SP) mode is set, then the sensors will not be slaved, but will still break track.
  • 2. Radar slaving behavior: If other sensor is commanding track, the radar will turn into ground stabilization state and follow the SPI constantly, even in EXP/DBS modes.
  • 3. Two Exceptions: HUD TD Box will not be slaved to SPI, so the logic is identical to SP mode. And the ground stabilization state, a.k.a BUG state of the weapon TVIR sensor will not set SPI.
  • 4. Sensor priority in setting SPI: The sensor that is currently in tracking state> AG radar in ground stabilization > current WPT.
  • 5. When a sensor in SLV mode is slewed, it will be un-slaved to the current SPI and can be moved freely. A press or a second press of HOTAS S2 (unlock) can reset the sensor and make it slave to SPI again in SLV mode, or make it look forward again in SP mode.

An example using radar and WMD pod:

• 1. When both sensors are in SLV mode, and both are in search state, SPI is set by either commanding Area/Point Track by the POD, or set a ground stabilization point or command FTT/SMTT/GMTT by the radar.
  • 2. If the POD is currently setting SPI, switching SOI to radar and commanding ground stabilization will not move the SPI, because a tracking sensor has a higher priority than the ground stabilization state of radar.
  • 3. Commanding FTT/SMTT/GMTT by the radar will break track of the POD, and make it slave to current SPI set by the radar.
  • 4. Switch SOI to the POD again and commanding Area/Point Track, the SPI is set by the POD now, and the radar will break FTT/SMTT/GMTT track and enter ground stabilization state to follow the SPI.

An example using radar and HUD:

• 1. When the radar is in SLV mode, we set a SPI by either commanding ground stabilization or FTT/SMTT/GMTT. The HUD TD Box will not be slaved to SPI due to the above SPI logic principals No.3.
  • 2. Switch SOI to HUD and command a track on the ground, then the HUD is now setting SPI. The radar will go into ground stabilization state and follow the SPI.
  • 3. Switch SOI back to the radar, and command ground stabilization, the SPI won’t change due to sensor priorities.
  • 4. Commanding FTT/SMTT/GMTT by the radar will break track of the HUD, but will not make it slave to current SPI set by the radar.

An example using 701 TVIR sensor, the radar and the POD:

• 1. All sensors are in SLV mode, and all are in search state, we set a SPI by commanding the radar to ground stabilize or FTT/SMTT/GMTT on a target. The 701 TVIR sensor and the POD will then follow the SPI.
  • 2. We switch SOI to the POD, and command Area Track. The POD is now setting SPI, and the radar goes into ground stabilization state and follows the SPI. The 701 TVIR sensor is slaved to the new SPI set by the POD too.
  • 3. Switch SOI to the 701 TVIR sensor, and command ground stabilize. The SPI won’t be affected due to SPI logic principals No.3.
  • 4. Lock onto a target by the 701 TVIR sensor, and the TVIR sensor is now setting SPI. The POD will break track, and all sensors will slave to the SPI set by TVIR sensor.
  • 5. After firing the 701 missile, the SPI is set by the radar currently because it’s in ground stabilization state and other sensors are not yet in tracking state. This also provide a means to store the SPI location locked by the last fired missile, so the next missile can look into this location right after.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

This logic appears to have changed the flow of what i used to do in the JF-17 and im now confused. Heres what i would normally do.

1. Select a waypoint (wp becomes spi)

2. Slave tpod to waypoint

3. Slew around the waypoint find targets and tdc depress to create spi on targets. Do this multiple times to kill everything.

3. Select new WP and double press undesignate, this would previously return spi to new WP and the tpod would slew as expected, but now it doesnt and im stuck ;-(

How in this new logic wojld i do this? Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Xeno 1-1 HuDz said:

This logic appears to have changed the flow of what i used to do in the JF-17 and im now confused. Heres what i would normally do.

1. Select a waypoint (wp becomes spi)

2. Slave tpod to waypoint

3. Slew around the waypoint find targets and tdc depress to create spi on targets. Do this multiple times to kill everything.

3. Select new WP and double press undesignate, this would previously return spi to new WP and the tpod would slew as expected, but now it doesnt and im stuck ;-(

How in this new logic wojld i do this? Thanks.

As described in uboat's OP, the AG radar is the 2nd priority sensor after every other one.

To return to WP you must switch to the AG Radar and either command undesignate (S2 depress) or set it to SP mode.

If the AG Radar is set to SLV mode, it will ground stabilize and follow the SPI set by another sensor. If you undesignate that SPI, the AG Radar becomes the new SPI broadcaster, which will be that last designated point. You can think of it as the AG Radar "storing" the SPI. To keep it from doing this, set the AG Radar to SP mode.

• Like 1