Super carrier Burble

deathhoneybadger

With the Super carrier now adding the burble into the Sim, Will the current F-14 burble be made redundant and players have to learn the new burble or will players not be affected by the ED burble and still use the burble we currently have. 

I guess worst case would be that both burble effects affect the aircraft 

• Like 2

Good question. Currently away from home so I can't test now, but I am curious if the new 'burble' implementation was just ED basically doing the same thing as HB with the 14. Adding the effect to the aircraft itself, rather than to a specific carrier. Since the 14 is affected by the burble on all carriers, not just SC. 

We will keep our burble, as we can tune it more accurately in accordance with the Tomcat FM + SME feedback (same as wake turbulence). If the effect is currently doubling, it is unwanted and a bug.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

We will keep our burble, as we can tune it more accurately in accordance with the Tomcat FM + SME feedback (same as wake turbulence). If the effect is currently doubling, it is unwanted and a bug.

Is there a quantifiable way to test this on your end as a Dev? It's a little tough to get an objective answer if members of the community are judging it by "Feel" Just in this thread someone says it has doubled and someone said it was the same. 

• Like 1

After several traps I can say that to me it doesn't feel as being 'doubled'. If anything it feels much milder than before. 

I agree, for us it's impossible to actually quantify it. I would image Devs have access to tools that they can see exactly what's happening with the effect(s) in real time. 

Edited by Kondor77
  • Like 1

To add more subjective opinion to it, I did a few traps in the Hornet (to see where and how strong the ED burble is) then the Tomcat afterwards.

My experience in my mission is that the ED burble has no noticeable effect from the tower (updraft) in the middle of the groove but has a very sudden downdraft over the ramp (not behind) followed by an immediate updraft as you're in the wires. The pattern is distinctly different to the HB burble for the Tomcat where you get the downdraft ~ 200 ft behind the boat instead of over the ramp (where you get an updraft).

As a result, as you pass the HB downdraft and you're expecting an updraft over the ramp, you hit the ED burble and get a second downdraft followed by its updraft in the wires.

Edited by _DK_
  • Like 2

I'm getting different behaviour with wake turbulence on and off. WT off feels like pre-patch, WT gives me a strong downdraft over the ramp as described above. 

Edited by sLYFa
  • Like 1

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

51 minutes ago, sLYFa said:

I'm getting different behaviour with wake turbulence on and off. WT off feels like pre-patch, WT gives me a strong downdraft over the ramp as described above. 

I think you're on to something here. All my tests yesterday were with WT off in the mission editor. I just did some more CASE Is with WT on and the downdraft caught me totally off guard the first time. It's not so bad when you prepare for it, but it's definitely stronger than previous patch. 

• Like 1

Thank you guys, this is a great insight. It means it is tied to the wake turbulence option, although it should be off even if it is engaged. A workaround for now then is to have it off, when flying the Tomcat.

Hopefully we can fix it asap.

• Like 5

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Since this means we can effectively toggle ED's burble, wouldn't that be good to make it so that HB's stays off when the ED one does? Now, it'd probably teach bad habits (I always keep WT on), but it does make it easier to trap if the burble is turned off.

The Tomcat will keep it's own burble as it is integral with the FM, and tweaked to the Tomcat's specific behavior in the burble with SME feedback. Just as the wake turbulence. Thank you for your kind understanding.

EDIT: whether or not we could make it optional through special options, or similar, is something we can look into though. But in this case, we believe it is simply part of the FM's realism behind a boat, just like wake turbulence is not optional behind the tanker, etc. So no promise for that.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

The Tomcat will keep it's own burble as it is integral with the FM, and tweaked to the Tomcat's specific behavior in the burble with SME feedback. Just as the wake turbulence. Thank you for your kind understanding.

EDIT: whether or not we could make it optional through special options, or similar, is something we can look into though. But in this case, we believe it is simply part of the FM's realism behind a boat, just like wake turbulence is not optional behind the tanker, etc. So no promise for that.

Any chance for a hotfix that will repair the issue without disabling the wake turbulence? 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2022 at 11:27 AM, captain_dalan said:

Any chance for a hotfix that will repair the issue without disabling the wake turbulence? 

Yeah, need something, because currently when playing MP many severs “force on” Wake Turbulence so the work around doesn’t work on those. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Does anyone still have any issues with this? For myself,

Flying offline with wake turbulence off feels like the tomcat always did in game. 

Flying offline with wake turbulence on, over the wire the nose shoots up and I have to push the stick forwards to stay on AoA which just doesn’t feel right. 

Flying online with turbulence forced on seems to be closer to offline and turbulence off. But still a distinctly different feeling. 

5 hours ago, IronMike said:

This should be disabled, as per ED. Means it should not double.

Thank you for the reply. If you have time to quickly fly a couple of case 1s in mission editor, wake turbulence off and then on, I think you would be able see and feel the difference. 🙇‍♂️Or maybe I’m just going crazy 😂