[RESOLVED] ACLS still not working in the tomcat

shifor

Datalink tuned in, followed all the steps in Redkite's video. CMD CONTROL is showing but the tomcat autopilot doesn't make any corrections to follow the needles and sends me into the water.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 6

ACLS in the Tomcat was actually working for me before the last patch came out.

Now, ACLS steers me right in the back of the boat every time.

Maybe ED changed something to make it work for the F18 but accidentally broke it for the Tomcat

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

On 4/28/2022 at 7:19 AM, shifor said:

Datalink tuned in, followed all the steps in Redkite's video.

When Redkite presses the nose wheel steering button CMD CONTROL illuminates and A/P REF extinguishes. For me CMD CONTROL illuminates but A/P REF stays on.

• 5 weeks later...
  • IronMike changed the title to [RESOLVED] ACLS still not working in the tomcat
11 minutes ago, Malfoy7 said:

So DLC is now a must for the system to engage or option?

Correct. This is a slight inaccuracy currently, as in real life while this was 100% SOP (and not optional), it was not really a requirement for ACLS. We're currently revisiting it, but it is possible we may have to keep it, as it helps the ACLS with the limitations we run into due to the nature of the sim. Either way, there should be no recovery ever in an F14 without DLC, so it will not make much difference in the end for the pilot. It's best practice either way.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I've wanted to test ACLS, but I can't even get auto-throttle to engage anymore.  Not ready to write up a bug report yet, but when I am in the pattern it makes no difference what my throttle setting is, the switch kicks back to boost instantly.

I think the manual says you must be between 75 - 90% power for auto-throttle to engage, but in practice I find it engages more easily just above idle. It certainly doesn't engage as easily as it used to, but perhaps it's been made more realistic.  I find it helps if the gear and flaps are fully deployed and probably the DLC too.   There is an auto-throttle light beneath the NWS (Nose-wheel steering) caution light, but for some strange reason it only seems to come on for a few seconds, instead of staying illuminated when the system is activated, like the NWS does.

Edited by JupiterJoe

On 6/10/2022 at 1:55 PM, Spurts said:

well if I'm not the only one then I guess I will make a separate bug report for that and not sidetrack this thread anymore.  Thanks for the feedback all.

I commented on this on May 18th.  I cannot get auto-throttle to engage at between 75-90%.  It usually only works just above idle for me, but not any more than that, making it a very narrow target to hit.  It sometimes takes multiple attempts to engage.  As per a Grim Reapers video AT used to engage anywhere between idle and about 90%, now it's very tricky:

Post.jpg

Edited by JupiterJoe

Does it work now with FFB sticks? I noticed the fix of AFCS with FFB and checked, but the ACLS seems still not working with FFB. 

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Yesterday I couldn't get the ACLS to engage; Link to the carier ON;

Autothrottle on (close to IDLE, BTW),

all ACLS anunciator lights ON,

DLC out,

Gear down,

Flaps fully down

Pressing NWS did nothing. It was a long MP mission, so I couldn't get a track. Will try it on SP and get a track.

Saludos.

Saca111

I agree, same here. And the autopilot does not work for alt hold in turns.

15 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Salut.

Hier, je n'ai pas réussi à engager l'ACLS ; Lien vers le transporteur ON ;

Autothrottle activé (proche de IDLE, BTW),

tous les voyants annonciateurs ACLS allumés,

sortie DLC,

Vitesse vers le bas,

Rabats complètement baissés

Appuyer sur NWS n'a rien fait. C'était une longue mission MP, donc je n'ai pas pu obtenir de piste. Je vais l'essayer sur SP et obtenir une piste.

Salutations.

Saca111

• 3 weeks later...