Today's patch - "Initial work on velocity hold submode"

davidrbarnette
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

I think I ran into this last night for the first time.  I had been using ATT Hold and trim while I was in a hover, and then reset the trim and disengaged ATT Hold to move to a new position.  While cruising at 100 knots, I started to shed some speed and the nose just wanted to dive on me, until my speed was below a certain point where it started behaving normal again.

hace 2 horas, pepobsh dijo:

Just feel like the 737-max bug..... I tried switch from high speed advancing into the hover mode, the system is still keep pushing my nose down to maintain the speed....

yes, now the behavior is very strange.  now the system pushes the nose down too much when you want to slow down, having to pull the stick back a lot

From release I've found the nose drop in two phases of flight: decelerating towards 40kts and passing 70kts - both require hard pulling back of stick.  I wondered if it was a bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

From the Quick Start Manual:

Zitat

AT (Attitude Hold, Left). Toggles on or off the selected attitude hold
mode (position, velocity, or attitude hold). (see TODO)

and keep in mind the different flight "postures" (dont wanna say attitude ^^) are needed to engage the different AT modes.

refer to this post for mor info:

And please check FLT page on MPD how the horizontal stabilator is behaving when you get the "nose down" problem. Maybe there is the problem with the automatic behaviour of it.

So there are a lot of systems in play.

Thy!

K

Edited by Kharrn

1小时前,Kharrn说:

From the Quick Start Manual:

and keep in mind the different flight "postures" (dont wanna say attitude ^^) are needed to engage the different AT modes.

refer to this post for mor info:

And please check FLT page on MPD how the horizontal stabilator is behaving when you get the "nose down" problem. Maybe there is the problem with the automatic behaviour of it.

So there are a lot of systems in play.

Thy!

K

Thanks! issue fixed for me!

vor 20 Stunden schrieb pepobsh:

Just feel like the 737-max bug..... I tried switch from high speed advancing into the hover mode, the system is still keep pushing my nose down to maintain the speed....

vor 9 Minuten schrieb cow_art:

I am assuming you are talking about the nose-down problem you mentioned above. Could you please elaborate what exactly you did to fix it? Thanks!

I think what pepobsh meant is, that he was trying to get into a "hover mode" while flying with forward speed. Flying with forward airspeed and pressing left on the "force trim/hold modes" will enter AT "submode" velocity hold - at least as far as i can understand this system atm.

Would be great of ED to put some more documentary on this or some inside tester to shed more on a "how to" 🙂 But i guess we will see docs and videos on the system as soon as it is fully fleshed out during early access. Keep in mind that features can come in buggy or not fully functional during this state of development - my 2 cents on this.

K

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 10:57 PM, Kharrn said:

Would be great of ED to put some more documentary on this or some inside tester to shed more on a "how to"

agree, the only trim that seems to obviously do anything is Fwd R which I use alot. I noticed since patch the LEFT AT puts a box around the airspeed in the HMD but I cant notice that it is doing anything. Below is the only explanation I have managed to find:

FORCE TRIM MODES - a four-way button for locking the trim settings as well as the altitude and tilt modes. This is the most important button in flight and it is used all the time!

Fwd R Release Mode - locks the new settings of the stick and pedals,

Aft D Disengage - turns off the altitude and tilt hold modes,

Left AT Attitude Hold - the current tilt hold mode,

Right AL Altitude Hold - the current altitude hold mode (currently not working)

I figured out for LEFT AT you need to be slow, 10 and already stable then engage, does good job keeping the chopper on target, when you want to move target or flight press AFT D.

Edited by spikenet

4 hours ago, spikenet said:

I figured out for LEFT AT you need to be slow, 10 and already stable then engage,

10? I don't need to be at 10. It's tied to the Trim and you have to be close to what you have trimmed to see it working. I think 🙂

• ED Team
  • Solution

The correct conditions for Velocity hold submode is between 5 and 40 knots ground speed when you press ATT hold on the cyclic.  Above 40 knots ground speed you will simply enter Attitude hold.  Below 5 knots is when Position hold submode will engage for maintaining a hover (not implemented yet).

There is transient range allowed that if you are above 40 knots and engage Attitude hold, it will remain in Attitude hold until 1) the aircraft decelerates below 30 knots ground speed, or 2) if below 40 knots but above 30 knots ground speed and the force trim is interrupted and released, in which case it will switch to Velocity hold.

I haven't had a chance to extensively test it's behavior since it has just been implemented, but that is how the logic is supposed to work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Raptor9:

The correct conditions for Velocity hold submode is between 5 and 40 knots ground speed when you press ATT hold on the cyclic.  Above 40 knots ground speed you will simply enter Attitude hold.  Below 5 knots is when Position hold submode will engage for maintaining a hover (not implemented yet).

There is transient range allowed that if you are above 40 knots and engage Attitude hold, it will remain in Attitude hold until 1) the aircraft decelerates below 30 knots ground speed, or 2) if below 40 knots but above 30 knots ground speed and the force trim is interrupted and released, in which case it will switch to Velocity hold.

I haven't had a chance to extensively test it's behavior since it has just been implemented, but that is how the logic is supposed to work.

Thank you very much @Raptor9 for giving input on this. I was just looking up the different conditions to post it, but always better to hear it from a sme 🙂

I think some people did not understand so far that pushing "Hold Mode" left/right has different functions depending on flight conditions even though it was mentioned earlier... so again, thy!

K