Monstertech Flight Chair experience?

Hi all,

I'm thinking about taking the plunge on the Monstertech Flight Chair, mainly for the center cutout (which I don't feel like DIY-ing into an existing chair). For current owners, are you happy with your purchase? Any less obvious pros/cons to be aware of? 

Also, how easy are the armrests to remove and re-attach? I've modified my current chair so I can swap the left armrest on or off in about 30 seconds, since I prefer it on for throttle flying and off for using my homemade collective. It looks like the Monstertech armrests wouldn't be a quick change, but it's hard to tell from the images. 

Thanks in advance for impressions/advice!

Just an fyi.

I use an AK Racing Gaming Chair that does not have that cutout in the middle for a flight stick. I use a VKB Gunfighter Pro with 200 mm extension and have no problems using it at all with my chair. I used a standard office chair before that with no problem. I never found myself wishing I had gone with a chair with that center cutout. Yeah if I pull full back on my stick I am kind of putting the top part very close to my body, but it is not a hindrance for me and really not often I pull it that far. I also do not like using the full throw anyway so I put a small deadzone at upper end of each axis.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks Don. For me it’s more an issue of my arm position when the stick is centered. I’m using a Virpil WarBrd base and even with it sitting against the front of my current chair (which is fairly deep) it feels like the natural position my hand wants to be in is about three inches short of the center of the base. 
An S extension might be a more economical way to get to the same ergonomic solution, though.

10 hours ago, X-31_VECTOR said:

Thanks Don. For me it’s more an issue of my arm position when the stick is centered. I’m using a Virpil WarBrd base and even with it sitting against the front of my current chair (which is fairly deep) it feels like the natural position my hand wants to be in is about three inches short of the center of the base. 
An S extension might be a more economical way to get to the same ergonomic solution, though.

Yeah that may be why mine works for me without issue, my 200mm VKB extension is an S extension.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Dont have a seat, but other MT Stuff.

You might get instant feedback if you hop onto the MT Discord Server. Many happy Monstertech Seat owners there.
And their support team will explain everything in detail within minutes.

MONSTERFOUNDRY Discord

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Have you looked at pairing the IKEA Markus chair with the relevant MT mounts... No centre mount I don't think though. Been using this setup happily for a couple of years.

https://www.monster.tech/en/product/chair-mount-set-ikea-markus/

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Monster Tech makes great high quality products. While I do not have their joystick chair mount, I do have two of their deskmounts I use every day, one extended and one standard length. Also have still new in box a Collective mount for my AK Racing gaming chair for Virpil Collective. I just have not pulled the trigger on the collective yet. 

• Like 1

Don B